1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Not too many movies are so bad that they anger me, but 'SOUL SURVIVOR' is one!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, May 19, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    When it comes to horror movies, i'm not too discriminating, I know that they exsist, essentially, to provide cheap thrills and pass a couple of hours away. So I try not to question those as much as other genre's...even though I know I should.
    Anyway, I bought this movie 'Soul Survivors' because I kinda get a kick out of all these 'Scream' type movies, hey, it's a charactor flaw alright [​IMG], and without a doubt this movie is the worst piece of complete shit i've seen in some time! It was indescibable how much agony I was in waiting for it to end (I believe in watching all films from beginning to end no matter how bad they are).
    I was sitting their getting genuinly upset that this film was this ridiculous, I mean not even 'Battlefield Earth' brought out those demons in me, at least I laughed at 'BE', I got SOME level of enjoyment out of it. But 'SS' is a miracle of bad filmmaking, it was basically a rip off of 'Carnival of Souls' without the mood, atmosphere, and scares.
    I don't know why i'm telling you this, but I just had to vent.

2. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink

3. Dennis

Dennis Second Unit

4. Brad_V

Brad_V Second Unit

I've said the same thing... I was patiently sitting through the movie expecting it to have a surprise-twist ending to make up for the rest of the running, running, and more running, but then it ends like it was a season of "Dallas." (Or was that "Knots Landing?") Probably the worst decent-budget movie I saw all year.

5. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Yeah, this movie was pretty bad.
    But the ONLY thing I liked about it was that, I liked the certain "l;ook" of the movie.
    i don't know, something about it's look was really interesting to me.
    P.S.
    I too, watch EVERY movie from begining to end.
    I plan on tackeling EVERY movie made in Hollywood till the day I die.

6. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

7. Chris Lock

Chris Lock Second Unit

> All films? That's quite an undertaking! How many do you have left?
    It's the HTF All Films Challenge. (Deadline 12/31/02) Yeah, the worst part is that they keep making more, so just when you think you're almost done... [​IMG]