Not too many movies are so bad that they anger me, but 'SOUL SURVIVOR' is one!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, May 19, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    When it comes to horror movies, i'm not too discriminating, I know that they exsist, essentially, to provide cheap thrills and pass a couple of hours away. So I try not to question those as much as other genre's...even though I know I should.
    Anyway, I bought this movie 'Soul Survivors' because I kinda get a kick out of all these 'Scream' type movies, hey, it's a charactor flaw alright [​IMG], and without a doubt this movie is the worst piece of complete shit i've seen in some time! It was indescibable how much agony I was in waiting for it to end (I believe in watching all films from beginning to end no matter how bad they are).
    I was sitting their getting genuinly upset that this film was this ridiculous, I mean not even 'Battlefield Earth' brought out those demons in me, at least I laughed at 'BE', I got SOME level of enjoyment out of it. But 'SS' is a miracle of bad filmmaking, it was basically a rip off of 'Carnival of Souls' without the mood, atmosphere, and scares.
    I don't know why i'm telling you this, but I just had to vent.

2. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink

3. Dennis

Dennis Second Unit

4. Brad_V

Brad_V Second Unit

I've said the same thing... I was patiently sitting through the movie expecting it to have a surprise-twist ending to make up for the rest of the running, running, and more running, but then it ends like it was a season of "Dallas." (Or was that "Knots Landing?") Probably the worst decent-budget movie I saw all year.

5. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Yeah, this movie was pretty bad.
    But the ONLY thing I liked about it was that, I liked the certain "l;ook" of the movie.
    i don't know, something about it's look was really interesting to me.
    P.S.
    I too, watch EVERY movie from begining to end.
    I plan on tackeling EVERY movie made in Hollywood till the day I die.

6. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

7. Chris Lock

Chris Lock Second Unit

> All films? That's quite an undertaking! How many do you have left?
    It's the HTF All Films Challenge. (Deadline 12/31/02) Yeah, the worst part is that they keep making more, so just when you think you're almost done... [​IMG]