What's new

"Not Bad WB"...Great quality of the above discs! (1 Viewer)

DarrylWHarrisJr

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the latest versions of Unforgiven, Amadeus, OFOTCN, TR and my "utility" was maximized. How about...

GoodFellas
Robin Hood
The Color Purple

??
(not that I can afford it now being I also bought Grease, Hard Day's Night and buy 2 get 1 Superbit Free from Deepdiscount)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The Color Purple will be re-released as will Goodfellas next year. Both probably with the same excellent quality of the recently released SEs.

No idea for Robin Hood...although the Errol Flynn classic will be released next year (special edition, too).

If you haven't seen the 1938 film, I'd actually reccomend it over the Costner movie.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The change has been made. I second The Colour Purple. This title needs to be revisited. It only shows just how far DVD has come when you consider a movie that was 154 min had to be split across 2 sides of the DVD. Compare this today with titles like Titanic (194 min) that fit on one side of the DVD, thanks to dual layering.

Paul-Gunther

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking forward to Adventures of Robin Hood. I'd also love to see SEs of Casablanca and Gone with the Wind, since Warner has those two now. Chariots of Fire also needs to be revisited by WB, IMO.
I'm very pleased with what I've seen of the new two-disc sets they've released, as well as their efforts on Dr Zhivago and Citizen Kane. Here's hoping they keep up the good work.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
All due respect...

Casablanca isn't that bad of a DVD. Perhaps it could use a new transfer and a commentary or two, but the current edition is already pretty good.

Gone With The Wind, on the other hand, is a lousy DVD. I'd like to see WB either use the LDI restoration or use Ultra-Resolution to fix up this film. Along with a commentary, the making-of special, the newly found materials, and even some other stuff...

And we really shouldn't turn this into a "I want ____ from WB" thread. It seems like every time a thank you thread is made, there's a ton of requests added.

There's already plenty of request threads made.

Scott Shanks

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Shanks
All due respect...
Casablanca isn't that bad of a DVD. Perhaps it could use a new transfer and a commentary or two, but the current edition is already pretty good.
All due respect...
Given Casablanca's status, I think the current DVD is nowhere near as good as it should be. It was pretty good given the standards of 1998. But I think we've come a long way, baby. It's time Rick's gets revisited.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks