What's new

Northern Exposure on DVD? (1 Viewer)

BobH

Stunt Coordinator
Any rumors or real information on the possibility of that series coming to DVD? There are only a few episodes available (sort of) on VHS but I would imagine plenty of interest in this title. Who has the rights?

JulianK

Supporting Actor
The first series has been released on disc in the UK. If you have a multi-region machine and your equipment can handle a PAL disc you might want to consider importing a copy.
By the way, when the series was initially released it was exclusive to one retailer (HMV). I think it's now available elsewhere, but you might want to start looking at www.hmv.co.uk just in case. The picture on their website doesn't look like the one I've seen, and looks more like a VHS tape. Since I'm not a fan of the show, perhaps someone who is could chip in with more details for you...?
[Edited last by JulianK on September 21, 2001 at 01:40 PM]

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
No news, but I would love to have season box sets of this great series.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Dave_M

Agent
Real Name
David Martin
There is another thread about this where I included a letter that I got from A&E giving their response. If the search function is working you should be able to find it.
Dave
------------------

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Would love to see this series on DVD...I'd get it all. Odd that this U.S. series is only released on DVD in Britain. I've got the entire series recorded on VHS, sigh...but it doesn't compel me to watch.
Eventually, the Northern Exposure run on the A & E channel will be stopped. Once this happens, maybe Universal will release it.
Walt just kills me...

Kai Zas

Second Unit
Thanks for the tip on Season 1, people. Imediately made a purchase at hmv.co.uk!

Now lets hope the rest is to follow.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Whoever owns the rights to the series...release them all and I'll buy them on the spot.

I've heard no news for R1 fans, none at all. Why don't you want my money? I'm begging you. Don't you understand the quality of this series' fans? We're loyal and rabid.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Don't bother with the season 1 UK set. It's only 5 or 6 episodes and it's been sold there for over two years now with no season 2 insight.

I've also read, here, that the picture quality is not that good.

I'm forced to tape this from digital cable. It's the only thing I use my VCR for now.

Jeff

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I would love to get season sets of Northern Exposure. I quite liked this series when it was running, but can't keep up with it in strips.

Thane

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, the UK Season One set of Northern Exposure is complete...it was 8 episodes. And while the quality is certainly not reference material, it is definitely much better than my VHS tapes (and also the 5 laser discs that I own.) I'm glad to own this set & it is one of my more frequently watched DVD's. Now...where's the rest?

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
Northern Exposure remains one of my favorite television shows. I'm sure they'd all love the association, but to this day, I identify all of the cast members in relation to this series:

[Watching ER last season with my wife]

Me: Hey, there's Holling! [playing Dr. Green's father]

My wife: Yes, dear.

[Weeks later, watching Sex in the City for the first time]

Me: Hey, she's dating Chris in the Morning!

My wife: You realize that's not his name, don't you?

[Watching Meet the Parents last year, and Domestic Disturbance last week, both of which feature Teri Polo]

Me: Hey! That's...

My wife: YES, ALL ROADS LEAD TO AND FROM NORTHERN EXPOSURE. I GET IT! NOW LET IT GO...!

Needless to say, I'd buy definitely buy season box sets on DVD. Especially the first few seasons, which at some point would have to include a few cast commentary tracks!

Anybody up for a good piano flinging?

mattl

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
This show never ceases to amuse me. If I happen to be surfing and find it, I can't help but watch, even if I've seen the episode a dozen times. Somebody needs to take the moose by the horns and get busy on this, and not scattered episodes like the LD versions. We want full season box sets.

Kai Zas

Second Unit
I've mailed the good people at hmv.co.uk to ask for the rest. It probably won't do any good, but it's just my way of letting them know the fans are still waiting :)

Dave Koch

Stunt Coordinator
The one that always gets me is when Shelly breaks a bottle of Maurice's Chateau Lafite, and she asks Holling if he can get a bottle of wine that would cost over a thousand dollars.
Holling replies that they couldn't fit a bottle that big into their store room.
Love that show! In fact, I have a bottle of "Cicely Water" right in front of me...
cicely1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks