Northeast Flooding

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Adam Lenhardt, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Are our members in the affected areas okay? I saw some pretty crazy sights today. I knew things were out of balance when I was coming home from the Yankees game on 87 and the Hudson was up practically to the bottom of the bridge. When I crossed it again at Albany, it looked absolutely humongous... the U.S.S. Slater was sticking up out of the port, the water was so high.
    How about Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and Virginia?

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I'm in north central NJ and most of the flooding here is relegated to the Delaware River. I know on Monday-tuesday when it was mostly sunny (and humid) where I live, it was still raining out in western NJ (Sussex, Warren, & Huntington counties) and also in NE PA as well as Sullivan County NY, so as all the rivers pretty much from the Catskills area down (Neversink, Willowemoc, Basha Kill) all generally drain into the Delaware river, the areas around there got hit hard.

Matamoras, Port Jervis, Montague, as well as places in NY Sullivan County such as Livingston Manor and also Rt 17.

PA got hit very hard with Wilkes Barre, Phillipsburg, etc. all making the news here.

I got a little water in my basement but my waterproofing that I did this winter did a pretty good job of stemming the major leaks. I need to add a gutter to one side of my house in the future, should help with the one wall that still has some moderate leaks.

Jay

3. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

While we're actually living up the mountain, hence Mountain Top, the valley below got a licking, Wyoming Valley. Not too bad it seems but some parts r still flooded. We were sent home at noon yesterday due to the mandatory evac order. Today, they're lifting that so back to work tomorrow I guess.

4. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Glad to hear you guys are alright. It looks like the next storm system's going to move quickly out to the Atlantic, so if they dams hold we made have dodged the worst of it - not that this isn't plenty bad enough already.

5. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I plan on visiting the local scenic waterfall this weekend. It should be raging!