What's new

No Signal From TiVo Bolt to Denon AVR (1 Viewer)

69-er

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry
I tried Google and forum searches for this problem but I don't know if I am using the the correct search terms.

After installing a new Denon AVR, I can't get any audio or video signal from the Bolt to the receiver. If I disconnect the the HDMI cable between the two units and reconnect everything works fine. What's weird is if I turn reboot the TV the signal is lost again until I disconnect and reconnect the cable again.

I also discovered if I select "Bluetooth" and then "Cable/Sat" it will then connect.

I tried a few unsuccessful setting changes but I know just enough to barely get by with home theater systems. I tend to set them up a leave them alone. So be easy on me!

Thanks for any help.

Larry

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Try a different HDMI cable. If that doesn't work, try another HDMI port on the receiver.

69-er

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry
I'll try that. I am starting to see how the cables are being burdened with more tasks compared to "back in the day". Mine are pretty old, I believe.

Do you have a brand you like? They all seem to say High Speed or Premium and at all prices.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’ve had two Denon AVRs and both the first output port (usually labeled something like “cable/sat” have stopped working within a year. Try a different port and if your cables are old, try a new cable. Monoprice dot come has a bunch of good quality cables for fair prices.

69-er

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry
Well, back to square one. New HDMI cable and tried a different port, no change.

Last edited:

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
Is the Denon maybe switching to TV audio when you turn on the TV? Go to the settings menu and then Video -> HDMI Setup and check to see if TV Audio Switching is on or off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks