No Shame DARK WATERS SE with gift

I heard on other boards that the Special Edition 2 DVD set (limited to a pressing of only 3000 copies) which also includes an actual stone (plaster) amulet (available only in the SE, as is a 48 page booklet on the film) has already sold out - a few sites (DVD Talk, digitallyObsessed, DVD Verdict) have given the movie, etc. a glowing review - They also say if you've only seen the VHS version you haven't seen this film -

I think I'm going to blind bite on this one...

http://www.noshamefilms.com/catalogu...01.asp?pdno=60

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure it's plaster; I think it may be resin. It's quite heavy.

Oh, and I really liked the movie.
NoShame does some extraordinary releases.

resin, ahhhh yes resin - that makes more sense...

I enjoyed your review Mark...

hey how about someone here at HTF reviewing this mostly unknown & underappreciated little jem.

The producer/label NoShame Films has sold all 3000 copies and is completely sold out (obviously they sell them to esellers, distributors and bricks & mortar) - so when the stores sell out of them they're gone.

Well, I blind bit and I'm glad I did!

I received my Special Edition 2 Disc DVD Set and have already hung the amulet on the wall as part of the household Halloween decorations - it's a great item.

The movie is really a superior visual and audio sensory experience - the photography, atmosphere and settings are outstanding as well as unique. The script has some problems and is somewhat confusing but as a dreamlike experience the movie succeeds.

And in this era of jokey horror, teen-horror, Japanese remakes and torture horror (just look at the theatrical releases scheduled for this month alone) this is a mature piece of work and a welcome breath of fresh air to the horror genre.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - buy this!

Dannie

Stunt Coordinator
i ordered it friday on amazon and it just came in the mail today amulet and all

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canzanareview