What's new

No Shame DARK WATERS SE with gift (1 Viewer)

I heard on other boards that the Special Edition 2 DVD set (limited to a pressing of only 3000 copies) which also includes an actual stone (plaster) amulet (available only in the SE, as is a 48 page booklet on the film) has already sold out - a few sites (DVD Talk, digitallyObsessed, DVD Verdict) have given the movie, etc. a glowing review - They also say if you've only seen the VHS version you haven't seen this film -

I think I'm going to blind bite on this one...

http://www.noshamefilms.com/catalogu...01.asp?pdno=60

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure it's plaster; I think it may be resin. It's quite heavy.

Oh, and I really liked the movie. :) NoShame does some extraordinary releases.

resin, ahhhh yes resin - that makes more sense...

I enjoyed your review Mark...

hey how about someone here at HTF reviewing this mostly unknown & underappreciated little jem.

The producer/label NoShame Films has sold all 3000 copies and is completely sold out (obviously they sell them to esellers, distributors and bricks & mortar) - so when the stores sell out of them they're gone.

Well, I blind bit and I'm glad I did!

I received my Special Edition 2 Disc DVD Set and have already hung the amulet on the wall as part of the household Halloween decorations - it's a great item.

The movie is really a superior visual and audio sensory experience - the photography, atmosphere and settings are outstanding as well as unique. The script has some problems and is somewhat confusing but as a dreamlike experience the movie succeeds.

And in this era of jokey horror, teen-horror, Japanese remakes and torture horror (just look at the theatrical releases scheduled for this month alone) this is a mature piece of work and a welcome breath of fresh air to the horror genre.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - buy this!

Dannie

Stunt Coordinator
i ordered it friday on amazon and it just came in the mail today amulet and all

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks