What's new

"No disc" reading on Toshiba 1200 (1 Viewer)

PhilS

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Toshibal 1200 DVD player (interlaced), which is about 2 years old, and therefore out of warranty. I was switching discs yesterday while testing some video issues and it suddenly started saying "no disc" even when there is a disc in it. I have tried unplugging the player, switching discs, pressing various buttons, to no avail.

Does anybody know what the likely problem is (maybe the optical pickup?), and does anyone have a guess as to what the cost of repair might be? Since it is out of warranty, and since you can get the Toshiba 3750 for about $180 (which is a progresssive scan player), I am thinking of just replacing the player rather than repairing it. On the other hand, if it was only going to be $25 to $50 to get it repaired, I'd probably repair it.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like the unit has expired on you. Could be the optical pickup.

I'd go ahead and get the new player, while taking this unit to a Toshiba-authorized repair center to get an opinion. If it's a cheap fix, you'll still have the 1200 as a second player.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Place DVD in player then turn it off with disc still in player. Turn it back on. This has worked for me whenever I had a problem DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks