What's new

No component picture with Denon 1920 (1 Viewer)

I'm trying to get component output from my Denon 1920 DVD player (connected to a Philips LCD). I can connect the cables - MIT - but I get no picture beyond odd intermittent flashes of colour and various stripes. The manual isn't much help and I've tried almost every possible setting in the setup menu without success. Does anybody have any suggestions? They'd be much apprecaited.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
A few - try different cables. Does the player work on composite and 'S?' Is there a setting in the set-up menu (of the player) for turning on and off different video outputs? Is there a setting in the player set-up or on the remote for progressive scan or interlaced output from the component outs? On some older TVs (e.g. 5 yrs. old), I've seen situations where in order for the TV to get a progressive signal it needs to be shut off and then turned back on (my old 64 inch CRT in the basement does this). Was the DVD player purchased new? Almost sounds as though it might be outputting PAL vs. NTSC. I have a switch on the back of one of my players and it kind of did that but I was able to tell there was a picture present.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
The 1920 is an upscaling player and you won't get a picture over component if output is set to 720p or 1080i. I don't own one and don't know how the settings should be to use it over component. I would think there are settings in the menu for use over component and HDMI.

Chris

Many thanks for your comments. I bought a really cheap set of component cables a few days later and they worked right off the bat. No prob lem. Whereas the expensive cables I bought *still* won't do it. I guess I expected them to wrok *because* they were expensive!

In any case, thanks for replying. Much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks