What's new

No bass for 8-16 days (1 Viewer)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Well I finally decided to get to the bottem of my sub hummm.If I turn the gain up to 2/3 on back of sub it starts to hum.3 to 3 3/4 is plenty on a range of 10 with the receiver set to -4 to +3,but it still bothers me that I know it is there,If I should want to turn it up farther and back the receiver down more to like -6 or so.My spare sub will do the same thing so I'm fairly sure it is the sub out circuit on the receiver.Kenwood and the shop agree.The shop has no loaners so I will be in a heap of sh Whoops!HURT.:angry: Is there a HT councilor hot line I can call after I take it in.I'm on V-K now so I will wait until next week to take it in.No sound or bass for 8-16 days.Maybe I should check farther in to this and see if any of Kenwoods other authorized shops have any loaners.It's all covered so I'm glad about that but on the other-hand?

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Welcome to my world, 20 years (my entire life) without ever having a sub.
The best audio I have right now is some 10 year old pioneer stereo bookshelfs that crackle so I never listen to them. (Soon to be replaced with some used JBL S38s)
Why am I on this forum? I don't know, maybe to learn stuff I never knew I never knew.
I can't tell you how excited I am about getting stereo speakers though... :)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Odd but true.I just got back from best buy because I wanted to see and here the s38.We went on a hike so I got to spend 10 min there on the way back.I took 20.What a difference.I think when I buy, those will be the ones with the 3-way center.You will really enjoy them.Clear,Crisp and punch.I asked the demo guy are you sure you don't have one of those subs on.They put my stock kenwoods to shame.I did expect much better but just haven't experienced it as of yet.They will sound even better in the house.Congratulations on your new purchase.You have reason to be excited.You can do the sub next.

Hank_P

Second Unit
You will enjoy those S38's & S-Center. The little 20 guage wire they use in Best Buy doesn't really show off the potential of the S38's... they will actually sound much much better. :D
*rant* I still b*tch to those guys at BB about the little wire they use for the big floor standing speakers.. how can you demo something and really get a sense of how something sounds when they don't care about hooking the equipment up correctly. :frowning:*rant over* ..ahhhh, now I can start my day.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
how can you demo something and really get a sense of how something sounds when they don't care about hooking the equipment up correctly
Have you been to one of the newer format Best Buy stores lately? The older format features "grouped" listening areas where you could select your type of music and listen to the equipment in a 8' x 12' area. The newer format stores have various combinations of equipment grouped out in the general open area. Due to many other noises and distractions, the capability to audition equipment is greatly weakened.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Yes when I checked the back of them sure enough 20 guage.I had the same thought and the speakers were on a isle just as if you were at a home depot store.They would sound and feel much better at home.That being said I could still spend a good chunk of time in there if I did not have other distractions.I had to force myself through the DVD section with out looking.I have a deall going with my wife.I can either buy one DVD a week or put that money towards new speakers or what-ever.This has helped alot and this subject does not cause the friction it has in the past.I would rather just do what I want to do and thats what I sort of have done in the past but at a price.:D Hay I'm ranting and way of subject.Time to put Pearl Harbor in, chap 20,and wake up the family. Living on the edge

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks