What's new

Nighty-Night DVD 1/10/06 (1 Viewer)

Bradley Newton

Stunt Coordinator
Nighty-Night has finally made its way stateside and is released today! This has to be one of the funniest shows I think I have ever seen. I had read a glowing review of it in the Village Voice and then caught the episodes on Oxygen a few years ago. Oxygen ran the episodes mostly out of order and they only ran them twice. I guess they had agreed to show the series without understanding what they were getting into. It's deliciously sick and twisted. If you like jet-black humor, I cannot recommend this highly enough. Julia Davis is a genius.

Martin_T

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the first season of this after reading a couple of great reviews for it. I would say that "Jet-Black" humor is a perfect call for this series. I found it to be great. Here's really hoping that the second series gets released here soon.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
One word of caution: The region 1 DVD has trailers and promos that cannot be skipped no matter what I do. (If anyone has figured out a way, please let me in on the secret.) If you don't watch all six episodes at once, you'll have to suffer through the promotional material every time you insert the disc. I haven't seen anything this bad in a long time.

Oxygen aired it (earlier this year, I think). So I imagine it will show up at some point.

M.

Darrell Bratz

Stunt Coordinator

Probably so, but if patience is a problem there is an R2 release.

Loved this series. Julia Davis was great, as was Mark Gatiss as Glen Bulb. Actually they all were - Don and Kath are necessarily such restrained performances that I don't think of them as quickly as the outsized Davis/Gatiss characters.

ScottLloyd

Stunt Coordinator

I did notice the annoying intro crap and tried to watch them in as few sessions as possible.

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
Hiya Kath!
I hope you lot stateside aren't as disappointed in the second series as I was. I prefer to pretend there isn't a second series actually, it really is that bad!
The first series is pitch black genius though! :D

ScottLloyd

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info.

I was considering a purchase of the R2 second season but for $25 maybe I'll wait and hope they release it in R1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks