Nighty-Night DVD 1/10/06

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Bradley Newton, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Bradley Newton

Bradley Newton Stunt Coordinator

Nighty-Night has finally made its way stateside and is released today! This has to be one of the funniest shows I think I have ever seen. I had read a glowing review of it in the Village Voice and then caught the episodes on Oxygen a few years ago. Oxygen ran the episodes mostly out of order and they only ran them twice. I guess they had agreed to show the series without understanding what they were getting into. It's deliciously sick and twisted. If you like jet-black humor, I cannot recommend this highly enough. Julia Davis is a genius.

2. ScottLloyd

ScottLloyd Stunt Coordinator

I agree and loved the show. Hopefully the second season will get a release.

3. Martin_T

Martin_T Stunt Coordinator

I bought the first season of this after reading a couple of great reviews for it. I would say that "Jet-Black" humor is a perfect call for this series. I found it to be great. Here's really hoping that the second series gets released here soon.

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

One word of caution: The region 1 DVD has trailers and promos that cannot be skipped no matter what I do. (If anyone has figured out a way, please let me in on the secret.) If you don't watch all six episodes at once, you'll have to suffer through the promotional material every time you insert the disc. I haven't seen anything this bad in a long time.

Oxygen aired it (earlier this year, I think). So I imagine it will show up at some point.

M.

5. Darrell Bratz

Darrell Bratz Stunt Coordinator

Probably so, but if patience is a problem there is an R2 release.

Loved this series. Julia Davis was great, as was Mark Gatiss as Glen Bulb. Actually they all were - Don and Kath are necessarily such restrained performances that I don't think of them as quickly as the outsized Davis/Gatiss characters.

6. ScottLloyd

I did notice the annoying intro crap and tried to watch them in as few sessions as possible.

7. Richard Michael Clark

Richard Michael Clark Second Unit

Hiya Kath!
    I hope you lot stateside aren't as disappointed in the second series as I was. I prefer to pretend there isn't a second series actually, it really is that bad!
    The first series is pitch black genius though! [​IMG]

8. ScottLloyd

Thanks for the info.

I was considering a purchase of the R2 second season but for $25 maybe I'll wait and hope they release it in R1.