What's new

NFL 2016-17 Regular Season Discussion (1 Viewer)

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
AFC East - Bills
AFC North - Steelers
AFC West - Raiders
AFC South - Texans
Wildcards - Bengels, Chiefs

NFC East - 'Skins
NFC North - Packers
NFC West - Cards
NFC South - Saints
Wildcards - Vikings, Bucs'

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Thanks for the post, Reggie. but, I'll keep mine simpler.

Panthers at Broncos
- Altitude sickness. Broncos

Buccaneers at Falcons - Atlanta ALWAYS disappoints their fans. Buccaneers

Bills at Ravens - I've got Taylor in my fantasy league, and it is WAY too early for the annual despair to begin. Bills

Bears at Texans - Never pick Cutler against a good pass rush. Texans

Packers at Jaguars - Pfffft. Packers

Chargers at Chiefs - In Arrowhead? Hell, KC beats GOOD teams in Arrowhead. Chiefs

Raiders at Saints - Duh duh duh duh. Du Raiders

Bengals at Jets -Opie gets lost in the big city. Jets

Browns at Eagles - Who fucking cares? Eagles

Vikings at Titans - Ummm. Will Bradford be ready? Vikings

Dolphins at Seahawks
- Let's see, fly 2700 miles to play a pissed off team. Yeah, that'll work. Seahawks

Giants at Cowboys - Well. The league HAS TO HAVE a winning Manning. Giants

Lions at Colts - Hmmm. We don't know yet that Luck is an utter failure. Colts

Patriots at Cardinals - Sorry Jimmy. Cardinals

Steelers at Redskins - Ben is the better QB. Steelers

Rams at 49ers - Will anyone watch this? Tie

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Okay, I'll play:

Panthers over Broncos
Bucs over Falcons
Ravens over Bills
Texans over Bears
Packers over Jags
Chiefs over Chargers
Saints over Raiders
Bengals over Jets
Eagles over Browns
Titans over Vikings
Seahawks over 'Phins
Giants over Cowboys
Colts over Lions
Cards over Pats
Steelers over 'Skins
Rams over Niners

Wow, those SF-LA and Cleveland - Philly games are lousy matchups! I never stay up late for the Monday Night game (have to get up too early for work), so I guess I won't miss anything this week with that one. OTOH, the Monday Night doubleheader with the early first game starting time allows me to watch most of the Steelers game. :rock:

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
The Lions will be 7-9 at best with greater potential, I just don't about that offense, plus, they are the Lions, they just can't ever be good.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
For the first time in over 20 years with DirecTV, I currently don't have the NFL Sunday Ticket package. Chances are I'll change my mind before the second NFL weekend since this weekend is a free preview for DirecTV customers. If Raiders and Giants win big this Sunday, I'll be on the phone with DirecTV on Monday.:laugh: Anyhow, I'm hesitating spending the necessary $270 for this football package.
Since I have been a DirecTV subscriber for well over a decade I'm tempted to contact the Retention department and mention that I'm thinking of switching to whoever and see if they will through in the NFL package.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Since I have been a DirecTV subscriber for well over a decade I'm tempted to contact the Retention department and mention that I'm thinking of switching to whoever and see if they will through in the NFL package.
Well, I broke down, I not only got NFL Sunday Ticket, I went ahead got the NFL Sunday Ticket Max. It's only money! :rolleyes:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I called DTV a couple days ago (it was my second call), asked for customer retention, gave the reason of closing account, and got a female csr. Told her I wanted the same deal as last year (free), she said I don't think they're willing to do that two years in a row.

She comes back to the phone and says she can't give it to me for free, but how about a $50 monthly credit for 12 months, and a discount on HBO for 6 months. Even though I'm not a math genius, I realized very quickly that a good deal. The monthly payment will be $47 and change, so my bill will not go up, and over the year, I will pay $300 less than I would have.

On my first call a couple of weeks ago, I got a male csr. He offered some piddling discounts which I declined. I hope this doesn't sound sexist, but I learned on another board that the female agents are more willing to deal than the males and my current and past experience has borne that out.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Actually, when he said he felt shitty that was probably one of the less strange moments in his post game interview. That just slipped out. He looked odd and sounded like he was a bit off. It is always off-putting when you have a guy that refers to himself in the third person. He may have been suffering from a concussion or he just has become very awkward with the media. I mean he just walked off because I think somebody asked him why he was flossing the teeth on the sideline. His response was to say he had been eating oranges at halftime and then just get up and walk away. I do think the guy has the potential to turn into a train wreck because of his general weirdness and his relationship with the media seems to be rapidly falling apart.

I don't dislike him but he is an odd duck.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Trevor Siemian looked pretty good in his first NFL start. The one interception was ugly, but otherwise he looked composed in the pocket.
Yes, I was very pleased with how calm and collected he was. He showed no tendency to fold under pressure, and aside from the one interception under pressure, he made good decisions. His arm looked strong, and his release was quick.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, here we go the first full Sunday of football. I think with all the QB turmoil in the league we will likely see running the football become a bigger deal than it has been in a while. I mean how bad is the situation with QB play in the NFL? Just look at the Saints who rather than worry about searching for a new QB resigned the 37 year old Drew Brees to a massive new contract with a whopping 30 million dollar signing bonus. Brady is 39...I mean wow...when does somebody try to bring Brett Favre out of retirement? I hear Jeff George wants a tryout!

Personally, I will be mainly watching the Chargers at Chiefs game and the Packers at Jaguars game during the 1 pm slate. In the late games I will be tuned into Lions at Colts with a little checking in on the Giants at Cowboys game. In the evening game I will likely watch to see how Belichick gameplans with no Brady or Gronk. The Patriots do have an improved ball hawking defense and Carson Palmer has been horrible so far...like he has perhaps fallen off that Peyton Manning cliff. However, my feeling is Palmer gets back on track and the Cardinals look to be way too much for a Brady and Gronk-less Patriots team. About the only thing interesting about this match-up is how Belichick coaches up his team to stay in it. I will likely skip the Monday Night double header. The late game is terrible and the Steelers should handle the Redskins in the early game.

Enjoy the games and the season, gentlemen.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Well, that was an absolutely sickening Chargers loss. After dominating the first half they do just about everything they can to lose in the second half and probably have lost Allen for the season with an ACL. Just horrible.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Agree with you about the Chargers, they looked to own that game at the start, then seemed to fall apart the second half.
The Packer game was closer than I expected it to be, and the Texans were scaring me the first half.
The Raiders pulled out a game, wow, didn't expect they would really go for two! Worked for 'em.
Matty Ice and his Falcons disappointed me. I thought they would be able to come back and win it.
I'm interested to see what type of game Belichick sets up tonight.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The weird thing about the Chargers at Chiefs game is the stadium was half empty, what's up with Chiefs fans?

The Pats are not just without Brady and Gronk they are missing players on their O-line as well. This could be a very ugly game for them. Jimmy better strap that helmet on tight...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks