What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (2 Viewers)

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Randy Korstick said:
Yogi's Space Race is high on my wanted list and in the original 90 minute format. It will not be hard for them to add the Galaxy Goof-Ups back into the last 5 episodes and that would make the most sense. It was NBC that broke the show up, it was intended to be 90 minutes for all 13 episodes. Considering what they did with Space Stars I'm sure this show will be in its complete 90 minute version. It works a lot better that way, I don't think the parts stand alone as well as the whole.
Yeah, it's not the most complicated set to release complete,
since at least there is the same number of each of the segments.

In my opinion, any anthology show with parts that run under 20 mins
should be kept together to run with the longer shows. Like Scooby
and Richie Rich, or even the All new Superfriends hour, I'm not likely
to watch a dozen of 6min or 8 min shorts of the same show all back to back.
It's much better viewing mixing them into the longer block as they aired.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have been watching the original Jonny Quest this week as it is one of my all-time favorite series! Jonny Quest was interesting due to fact there was some historical ties to WWII. Dr. Benton request would remember the WWII or WWI German figure as someone that disappeared after the wars.

Dr Z was also great rival for Dr Quest as well.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
younger1968 said:
I have been watching the original Jonny Quest this week as it is one of my all-time favorite series! Jonny Quest was interesting due to fact there was some historical ties to WWII. Dr. Benton request would remember the WWII or WWI German figure as someone that disappeared after the wars.

Dr Z was also great rival for Dr Quest as well.
The Fantastic 4 also had an episode (The Way It All Began) where Ben Grimm (The Thing) and Mr. Fantastic recall their days in WW II.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
HugeBensonFan said:
Speaking of Fantastic Four, is there any chance of the Hanna-Barbara series ever being released?
I would be interested in the 1967 series, but not newer series.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
If it ever comes out it would not be from Warner Archive since they do not have the rights to it. I believe Disney has the rights.
HugeBensonFan said:
Yes me also. I meant to say the '67 series. Would love to see that one on DVD.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Randy Korstick said:
If it ever comes out it would not be from Warner Archive since they do not have the rights to it. I believe Disney has the rights.
It's worse than that. Warner has the rights to the show as it is part of the HB library. Disney has the rights to the characters. So, for the 1967 show to come out, the two sides probably have to come to some agreement regarding a show where there is not the level of demand (or money) as Batman. That's a high hurdle.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I missed that step which basically means that this has a snowballs chance of ever coming out.
JoeDoakes said:
It's worse than that. Warner has the rights to the show as it is part of the HB library. Disney has the rights to the characters. So, for the 1967 show to come out, the two sides probably have to come to some agreement regarding a show where there is not the level of demand (or money) as Batman. That's a high hurdle.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I found this comment on Fantastic 4 as such I wanted to clarify if the statement is true on the ownership of the series: [color=rgb(37,37,37);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);]Through a series of transactions, [/color]Disney[color=rgb(37,37,37);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);] [/color]currently holds the rights to the majority of Marvel's 1960s-1990s animated output. However, the 1967-1968 Fantastic Four[color=rgb(37,37,37);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);] [/color]was produced by Hanna-Barbera, whose library is now owned by Time Warner[color=rgb(37,37,37);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);], making the series one of only a handful of Marvel-related TV projects not owned by Disney (which has since acquired Marvel outright). Time Warner is also the owner of Marvel's biggest competitor,[/color]DC Comics[color=rgb(37,37,37);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);].[/color]

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
younger1968 said:
I found this comment on Fantastic 4 as such I wanted to clarify if the statement is true on the ownership of the series: [color=rgb(37,37,37);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);]Through a series of transactions, [/color]Disney[color=rgb(37,37,37);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);] [/color]currently holds the rights to the majority of Marvel's 1960s-1990s animated output. However, the 1967-1968 Fantastic Four[color=rgb(37,37,37);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);] [/color]was produced by Hanna-Barbera, whose library is now owned by Time Warner[color=rgb(37,37,37);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);], making the series one of only a handful of Marvel-related TV projects not owned by Disney (which has since acquired Marvel outright). Time Warner is also the owner of Marvel's biggest competitor,[/color]DC Comics[color=rgb(37,37,37);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);].[/color]
The same F.U.B.A.R. that kept the 1966 Batman away from us these many years. (sigh) :(

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
JoeDoakes said:
The same logic would apply to 1979's THE THING as H-B made the series and thus the program content is held by WB but not the character THE THING and related indicia.

~Ben

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
ClassicTVMan1981X said:
The same logic would apply to 1979's THE THING as H-B made the series and thus the program content is held by WB but not the character THE THING and related indicia.

~Ben
That's another series i'd really like on DVD, but will have to keep waiting....

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I just ordered both LOOPY de LOOP and BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD, Season 2 from Warner Archive. I can't wait for them both to show up. The second one, BATMAN: TBATB Season 2 has a segment where Bat-Mite shows up and has Batman team-up again with Scooby Doo and Shaggy, so there is an H-B connection. The third season of the Batman: TBATB series has Batman teaming up with Space Ghost. It is fantastic.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
After an expensive 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. The only good thing about this year is I've saved a lot of money from not having any animated releases to buy. So far this year I will buy Loopy de Loop when its on sale but nothing else for me. I'm starting to lose hope that I will see anything I want this year and I have a large list of unreleased titles:

Banana Splits
Wally Gator Show
Atom Ant/Secret Squirrel Show
Peter Potamus Show
Cattanooga Cats
The Rest of Huckleberry Hound
Quick Draw McGraw
Tom and Jerry/Grape Ape Show
Yogi's Space Race
Adventures of Gulliver
New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
C.B. Bears
Mumbly

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Whoa, you miss a day, you miss a lot.Loopy De Loop -- that came out of nowhere.I'm in! Finally some 1960s classic H-B that's not a superhero show.I'd prefer them open matte anyway. They were shown on USA Cartoon Express in the late 1980s/early 1990s and the complete theatrical titles were always shown, complete with the Columbia name. That wasn't always the case on CN/Boomerang, or on previous VHS releases where some were thrown in with other Hanna-Barbera cartoons. Hope these are complete.USA showed them as part of an omnibus half-hour that was sometimes listed in TV Guide as "Magilla Gorilla And Friends" -- along with Magilla Gorilla, Quick Draw McGraw and Wally Gator.Not the most essential, but count me in for this one. Hope more 1960s stuff is on the horizon!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks