What's new

News on next QUEEN dvd's in 2003 (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
It seems the next DVD from rock legends Queen will be "Greatest Video Hits II". Containig all the clips from "Greatest Flix 2", the set is also said to include the "highlights" from "Flix 3" (meaning that the crappy clip videos won't be included, the "real" videos likes "No-One But You", etc would appear) presumably on the 2nd disc.

The next DVD set for 2003 looks to be "Live At Wembley 86". Hopefully this will be the complete concert and not the edited version previously seen on VHS. Extras mentioned include the (in)famous after party and highlights from the Budapest concert. Shame though as Budapest looks so much better than Wembley. Budapest was shot on film whereas Wembley was shot on video.

Expect DTS to appear on both discs as Brian May seems to have fallen in love with the audio format. Also, these and all future Queen DVD's will be released in anamorphic widescreen. Yes, I know this stuff was originally 4:3 but some folks from the Queen camp has stated this is "unavoidable".

One concert Queen fans have been clamoring for, Houston '77, doesn't look like it will make it to DVD. Queen's manager Jim Beach seems to feel the quality of the video is far gone and not worth the effort. I don't know, I've seen clips from "The Magic Years" documentary and it looked ok. Surely it can't look any worse than "Greatest Video Hits 1".

Anyway, thought you guys would like to know!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Cool, but the cropping to 16x9... ARGHH!!!!!! and I HAVE a 16x9 display! on my 55", it can look a bit, well...
Anyways, the more the better.
The "Rainbow" concert from '74 is amazing. How about let's dig out the older stuff?!?!?!
:) D

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
Just give me ALL the promo videos on GVH2 including the rare Calling All Girls, Back Chat, Scandal, Innuendo, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks