What's new

Newbie question about which side speakers go on? (1 Viewer)

BrentJ

Second Unit
My setup has speakers that list where they should be setup on the bottom. Such as left, left rear, right, right rear. My question is this. How do I know which side is the left and right sides? Do I go by where I'm sitting and facing the television? Or do I go by the television facing the sitting area? Thanks

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Go by where you're facing. When you're in your La-Z-Boy facing the TV, the left is in front of you, to your left; the center is directly above or below the TV, the right is to the right, left rear is to your left, behind or beside you, and the right rear is to your right, behind or beside you.

KJP

BrentJ

Second Unit
Thanks for clearing this up for me. I had my system setup correct. However, while looking over my instruction booklet I couldn't find anything on this so I started having second thoughts. Thanks again.

BobHaymond

Stunt Coordinator
I had to ask the same a month or so ago! I have my setup finished now and right is right and left is left. It is knock down georgeous!

I don't have enough brains to run the Onkyo 989 yet but Rome was not in a day constructed.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks