What's new

New Yamaha Flagship DSP-AZ1 Details- (1 Viewer)

Spero D

Second Unit
az1.jpg

Check out the details in Japanese here-
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/do...03/yamaha1.htm
Spero D.

Yes, Babel Fish cares to translate:
December middle sale
Standard price: 30 ten thousand Yen
Ahead communicating: AV * IT business headquarters customer aspectual talks center
Tel.0570-01-1808 (Nabi dial)
Tel.053-460-3409 (portable telephone and for PHS)
The Yamaha corporation, sells the 8ch AV amplifier which such as DTS96/24 to the up-to-date format and MPEG-AAC corresponds " DSP-AZ1 " in the December middle. As for price 30 ten thousand Yen.
As for " DSP-AZ1 ", the AV amplifier which becomes the flag ship model of the same company. The 5.1ch is played back " DTS 96/24 " and, " DTS discrete 6.1 ", " Dolby digital * matrix 6.1 ", corresponds to also the " MPEG-2 AAC " with the 96kHz/24bit. Furthermore, the 2ch software the to 5.1ch is converted " Dolby professional logic II " and, loads also " the NEO:6 " decoder.
In addition, you succeed also the same company individual " cinema DSP ". From monaural in sound of various formats to the 6.1ch including DSP processing, " the appearance impression is raised rapidly ", you say. Mode of the cinema DSP is prepared, 41 types " digital Sci-Fi 6.1 ", loads the " DTS Sci-Fi ES " and so on even in the one for 6.1ch source. In addition, with just the front speaker reproduces the ƒTƒ‰ƒEƒ“ƒh " virtual * cinema DSP " function, reappears also equips " silent theater " function with the headphone.
You adopt the ƒo[ƒuƒ‰ƒEƒ“ make 192kHz/24bitcDac of the highest audio standard correspondence of DVD audio, for the sub woofer and all the channels 10 which include the front effect channel in the DAC. Furthermore, channel to channel error of multichannel is held down to minimum, also " crystal semi-conductor make digital control volume " and connecting directly the aural signal immediately after the D/A converting to the power amplifier, it removes the influence outside the " processor direct circuit " et cetera it loads.
We have assumed at the same company, naming generically these treble quality conversion technologies, it called " digital maximum concept ", " it was thorough the refinement of the signal route which removes external influence ".
The built-in power amplifier 140W power raised with front model " DSP-AX1 " empty synthesis, discrete constitution 8ch specification of 130W~6ch+45w~2ch. Low besides the fact that the large capacity power transformer which improves limits drive ability is loaded, the treble quality film condenser is adopted.
The input/output terminal equips, the D5 terminal and the component terminal (input 2 system and output 1 system). As for the digital audio input terminal 10 system of the total which includes the front input terminal, the analog audio input terminal has 5 systems.
Attachment remote control loads learning & pre-setting function, the operation of continuing with one switch equips also macro function and the illuminating optical function which are executable. Furthermore, while setting such as the effect and sound quality of the sound field program and assign of the input terminal, looking at graphics and the text which are indicated in the TV picture, you can adjust with remote control.
< Main specification >
Rated output 130W~6ch (6 Omega, 20Hz - 20kHz and 0.015% THD) + front effect 45w~2ch (6 Omega, 20 - 20kHz and 0.05% THD)
Utility installed capacity 200W~6ch + front effect 65w~2ch
Dynamic power
(At the time of main L/R operation) 260W+260W (4 Omega), 360W+360W (2 Omega)
Frequency characteristic
(CD other main) 10Hz - 100kHz (0/-3dB)
Image input D5 3 system
DVD, D-TV/LD and SAT
Component
(RCA) 3 system
DVD, D-TV/LD and SAT
S image / composite 8 system
DVD, D-TV/LD, CBL, SAT, VCR1, VCR2, VCR3/DVR and VIDEO AUX
Image output D5 1 system
Component
(RCA) 1 system
Monitor out
(Composite /S image) 2 system
REC out
(Composite /S image) 3 system
ZONE2 OUT 1 system
ZONE2 OUT
(Composite) 1 system
Audio input Coaxial digital 3 system
CD, DVD and CBL
Optical digital 7 system
CD, CDR, DVD, D-TV/LD, SAT and VCR3/DVR
Analog 2ch 13 system
PHONO, CD, TUNER, CD-R, MD/TAPE, DVD, D-TV/LD, CBL, SAT, VCR1, CR2, VCR3/DVR and VIDEO AUX
Analog 5ch 1 system
Voice response Optical digital 2 system
CD-R and MD/TAPE
Analog 2ch 6 system
VCR1, VCR2, VCR3/DVR, CDR and MD/TAPE
8ch pre- out 1 systematic + sub woofer ~3ch
Electric power consumption 500W
External size
(Width x depth x height) 435~473~211mm
Weight 28.0kg
* Yamaha home page
Http: //www.yamaha.co.jp/
*-related article
< August 31st > To the up-to-date format the 6chcAv amplifier which such as Yamaha and DTS-ES corresponds
Http: //www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20010831/yamaha1.htm
(October 3rd of 2001)
[ [email protected] ]

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I continue to be sad.
frown.gif

When will Yamaha ever do a pre-amp/processor? I don't want to keep having to replace the amps and signal processing part of my system every time I upgrade.
I would very much like to see Yamaha come out with a pre/pro to compete with similar units from Sony, Acurus, B&K, Rotel, Adcom, etc.
------------------

Nicholas A. Gallegos

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sad too. I bought a HTR-5280 about three months ago and now Yamaha is releasing the HTR-5490 (found this out at a home theater convention; product specs haven't really been released to the public yet as far as I know). It does DTS-ES Discrete (true 6.1-ch amp), has a DECENT remote (it's actually very similar to the one used with the new DSP-AZ1; look, no silly input dial!), and is capable of both DPLII and DTS:Neo6. It's going to retail at about the same price as the HTR-5280/RX-V800 did.
frown.gif

Improvements over the HTR-5280 (according to the packet given to us):
- DTS ES Discrete 6.1 decoding, Matrix 6.1 decoding, and DTS Neo 6
-Dolby Digital Matrix 6.1 and Dolby Pro Logic II decoding
-6.1-channel receiver with 100 watts x 6, 1kHz, 8 ohms
-New YSS-938 ASIC 32-bit LSI for best decoding, DSP, and -Cinema DSP performance
-New remote control with large LCD display, macro command capability, and illuminated keys, preset commands and learning capability
-60MHz component video bandwidth for compatibility with HDTV signals (the old 5280 had 30MHz bandwidth, according to Yamaha)
-New European Concert Hall DSP mode
Sob........heh

Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
When will Yamaha ever do a pre-amp/processor?
I'm with you, Kevin. I have been nagging my dealer about this for years. I also sent Yamaha some emails about this a couple of years ago, but never received a response. If they came out with a pre/pro, they would get my sale even though I already own an RX-V1. Some nice new features on the AZ1, but not enough to entice me to upgrade.
Cliff

Bill Bradstreet

Stunt Coordinator
I agree. I can't see upgrading from the RX-V1. I'm sitting with a DSP-A3090 though. I'm definitely salivating here.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Cliff: I grew up in Pittsburgh! Penn Hills actually. What part for you?
I also sent Yamaha some emails about this a couple of years ago, but never received a response.
Duuuuude! I have written them real letters twice about this over the past few years. (Once when DTS came out, and again when THX EX/DTS-ES came out.)
Same-o though: no response.
------------------

DaveThomas

Grip
I too bought an HTR5280 not long ago. I didn't know about Pro Logic 2 then or I would have waited for something like the 5490. The combination of better component inputs, better remote, real DTS ES makes a tempting upgrade.
I've been very happy with the 5280 so far.

Wolf Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
There is _always_ something better on the way... Might as well enjoy what you have for as long as you can...
I'm still holding onto my RX-V2095; I'm going to have to have a listen to DPLII to see if it truly _is_ worth it; else I'll be living with the 2095 for a while longer - this does look interesting though.

Nicholas A. Gallegos

Stunt Coordinator
Don't get me wrong......I'm very happy with my HTR-5280. I wouldn't really be able to truly use the ES Discrete decoding anyway, because of the limited space in my apartment's living room (rear center placement would be tough). It would have been nice to have the DPLII and Neo6 processing though.
On a sidenote, while I was at that training, I asked the Yamaha rep afterwards why they haven't chosen to make any THX-licensed products. He basically told me that in order to obtain licensing from LucasFilm for THX, you have to agree to share your technology and breakthroughs with the consortium; something Yamaha refuses to do. A lot of it supposedly has something to do with the custom ASICs they use for their surround decoders and DSPs. ]

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Some of these are loaded up with some pretty nice features that I wish the RX-V1 had. They just now figured out assignable digital inputs are good? Plus now they add two digital outs, and I'm pretty sure the newer ones have a digital input on the front also. Depending on the price of this new one, I may be interested in upgrading already.

Robert McClanahan

Stunt Coordinator
What a beautiful piece!I have owned an RX-V3000 for about a year now,and I dont think I need to upgrade.Does this new unit have bass management for DVD audio?

Josh LeClair

Agent
I can only hope that my work (Best Buy) will start carrying the 5490, this does give me a good reason to hold off on my receiver purchase though.

Jason Caudill

Stunt Coordinator
I agree that the HTR-5490 is a nice piece but it will not have the preouts that the 5280 has. Another dissappointing aspect is that for the first time (to my knowledge) and the last time (according to yamaha) there will be a difference between the HTR (retail) line and the RXV (high end) line. According to Yamaha this has been a production nightmare. So I would wait another year before purchasing a Yamaha reciver if you have one that is suitable for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks