New TV this Winter

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Stone, May 20, 2002.

1. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Alright. I've finally narrowed down my decision, and I will buy a new TV this winter. I know it's a ways away, but I'm at least starting to do some early research now. Currently I have a 27" Wega...that sits 9 feet away from my couch (yikes). I'd like to go with something between 40 and 50 inches.
    Budget-wise...I'll probably be in the 1000-1500 range. I think that I'd rather go 4x3 because I watch a lot of regular TV.
    Edit: I am flexible on the price, since I won't be buying for a long time...
    I know that the market will be different when I'm making my purchase, but I just wondered if you guys had any suggestions for featurs that I should look into. And possibly brands. I've heard that Toshiba's upconvert to 540p...does this cause any considerable artifacting?

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

BTW...what max size (assuming prices don't change drastically in the next 6 months) should I be looking at for that kind of money.

3. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Anyone?

I was also thinking of something else...I have a laptop currently hooked up to my Wega via S-Video to play various rips, downloaded tv shows, etc...and I was wondering about looking for a VGA jack on a TV.

Are there any TVs that have one at around this price? My lappy does have a VGA output to an external source.

4. BobJ

BobJ Stunt Coordinator

Six months is a long time the way the market is currently evolving. Recommendations from now will probably not be valid in a few months time. I would recommend lots of forum reading to keep up with changes as they occur. [​IMG]

5. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Thanks Bob. That's what I figured, but I thought I'd ask anyway.