What's new

new transient perfect 3 way (1 Viewer)

Phil Olson

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to (re)attempt to do a design of a WMTMW 3 way. My first attempt was interrupted by a layoff, (company closing), and retirement, not to mention a move and new house build. (I'm just at the wiring stage but anxious to get started on this anyway!)

Anyways, I was thinking of the following;

XT25 Tweeter
EJ Jordan JX92S Mid/filler, (x2)
Adire Extremis 6.8 Mid Woofer, (x2)

All my choices are fairly broad band so I should have some playing room with crossover specs.

Does anyone have any better suggestions for the mid or the woofer? I'm pretty happy with the tweeter.

I'd like 40-20KHz and 100dB peaks for HT with some music.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Phil:

Sounds interesting to me.

I would love to see someone design a MTM with a horn for the tweeter and have it in a dipole layout.

We need some pictures of your project as it gets developed.

Parker

Phil Olson

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Parker. One of the nice things about using wide band drivers with a digital XO is that I can do a lot of experimentation with crossover designs and, (hopefully!), learn something in the process.

I'm ordering the drivers and will begin having fun next month, time permitting.

KeithMoechnig

Stunt Coordinator
I'd also look at the Vifa XG18 for the midrange. John Krutke built a 2.5 TMM with the XT and XG mentioned, but said the lower-end distortion wasn't up to par, but the midrange and high end were some of the best he's ever heard. For a nice comparison test, here's a page with a bunch of 6.5-7 inch drivers tested here

http://www.zaphaudio.com/6.5test/

Phil Olson

Stunt Coordinator
Darn! Too late, I already ordered the drivers. Once I saw the price of the JX92's I choked and ordered the CSS WR125S as the mid though, (another XBL design).

This first design is a learner so I can come up to speed on Soundeasy and cabinet/XO design.

As I mentioned, one of the nice things about wide band drivers is that I can play with XO slopes and centers to see the effect. The fact that Soundeasy allows the XO to be downloaded into a sound card allows for a lot of 'what if's without all the fuss.

Has anyone looked at the WR125S? I do have a large room and this is mostly for HT so I would like some serious output.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks