What's new

New 3-way design posted (1 Viewer)

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
i think POS would have been a better name

I KID I KID :D

looks nice man, i would have recessed the side firing thou.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Very nice, Dan. I like it!

Allen, even if he did flush mount the frame the surround is so big that it would still stick out well past the side of the enclosure.

Dan Wesnor

Second Unit
There was no point flush mounting it because the difference in placement is so small compared to the crossover frequency's wavelength. So for a test box it's just fine. And it was damn cold that day, and I had to do the cuts inside, and a rabbet bit throws out a serious amount of dust.

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Dan, very nice design as usual...;)

Can you tell me who has the seas mca15 already in stock, or when it will be in stock???

Also have you done you own set of measurements on the driver itself??

Dan Wesnor

Second Unit
As far as I know, the MCA15 is not available yet. It usually takes a month or two from the time Seas lists the driver on their web page. If you'd like to get one, send an e-mail to Madisound. They will stock anything that they know there is a demand for.

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
Dan those are nice looking and well designed (as far as I can tell) speakers... how about using active bi-amping for the woofer/midrange crossover? Do you have a setup for that?

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the added info Dan:emoji_thumbsup:

For those intersted, I emailed madisound about the seas mids and they said it should be avaiable by mid march...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks