What's new

New SVS PC+ Owner (1 Viewer)

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
Well I received my SVS 20-39PC+ today after thinking it may not come till Monday, which really would have depressed me.
Anyhow I just did a little fine-tuning "test tunes from receiver" and set it up at 75db and right now it’s about at 80db on the sub.
I have it really hot right now just experimenting with room size and how loud I can play it. A lot of you probably think that this is way to hot but i can never play anywhere near reference level in my apartment. The upstairs lady complained about my PSW650 which from what I am finding out now cant come anywhere near the vicinity of this SVS Monster SUB!!!

The first test i did was with MONSTERS INC. I remember a lot of people saying how loud the part was when they had to bolt down that sock in the beginning of the movie. Well my PSW650 really didn’t do anything for me with that scene.
So i fast forward to that scene and was expecting a little more bass then i heard previous. TO my surprised it literally scared the crap out of me, it even knocked one of my girlfriends candles off the top of the TV.

I’m going to be testing a lot of movies in the next couple days and I am going to buy The Haunting DTS and Saving Private Ryan as well.
I want to see what all this hype is about with the HAUNTING.

Well I'll keep people updated but as for now I think I am going to try calibrating with the AVIA disk and see how that turns out.

Also I can say that everyone is right about their customer service, I received a free T-Shirt from them since my sub shipped a little later then normal.

Keep up the great work you guys at SVS, I work at Circuit City and everyone cant wait to come over and hear what this thing can do. You will probably get a few more customers from them and from me telling customers at my store that are looking for very high end Subwoofers about SVS.

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
Cool beans dude! I told you it kicks ass!
Now don't blow it up like I did mine in 3 days! :) Have some SELF-CONTROL! Keep the gain at a reasonable level and it should last a while :)

Chip E

Screenwriter
Is that the chapter/scene where the wolf beast came into the house and splashed all over the floor boards ? If it is, holy shit that was some nasty bass! Great flick..

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats on your sub. Although I can't say from experience that he PC+'s are as good as everyone says, I can definitely vouch for my PCi. It's definitely everything I wanted/expected plus more. I can't imagine how much better the PC+ would be comparitavely, however before I got the SVS I said "I can't imagine how much better this sub will comparitavely to my PSW650." Boy was I wrong, and I am sure I am very wrong on the PC+ comparison as well. I will have to find someone in my area to test it out and see if I notice the differences.

Anyway, enjoy the new toy, I am still enjoying mine as much as I did the very first day I got mine!

Jon

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
I have to say that I'm soooooooo close to ordering my dream, the 20-39 PC+. I've been dreaming about this sub and how it would sound in my family room from the first time it was mentioned being in the making. I brought it up with the wife, however, with 3 kids in college and no financial help, the budget is kind of tight. I do think between the 3 kids and the wife, I could possibly get my dream for Christmas. But, I want it now! As I've wanted everything immediatly for my whole life!!!!! (And always got.... Yeah, I'm a spoiled 46 yo brat!) The main reason I want this sub is because of what everybody says about "LOTR"! I can honestly say that this movie didn't knock me off of my feet as far as sound was concerned, which leads me to believe that I'm missing something. Oh guys, believe me, when I do get this, and I will, I'll give you all a blow by blow of how my life, as far as HT experience is concerned, has changed!!!! Stay tuned!!!!!
Thanks for listening! ;)

Brandon H

Auditioning
You'll love it, as you will find out, you will get the slam you're looking for, as well as excellent music subtlety and have overhead to spare.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Leon:

Try a 112 dB peak at the couch 12 feet away when the ring hits the ground during the opening battle scene. This bass hit is so deep, the room decay lasts about 1 second - it's really amazing. That movie is LITTERED with LFE.

You know the old saying "sub is thicker than water" - to heck with the college funds; get the sub - you won't reget it!!!

Ed

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah LOTR's is INSANE, I actually bottomed out my 20-39PC+ on the schene were Gandolf and Saruman are in the Tower and the doors slam when Gandolf is trying to leave. That first door SLAM did my 20-39 in, bottomed out and clacked SO hard it had a rattle in it after that. I emailed SVS and they sent me a new driver no cost to me, and it works perfect again.

You have to be VERY careful in your calibration, I thought it was right with my SPL meter, but I didn't know LOTR's was THAT bass heavy and all this combined put me about 10+ db's HOT and the rest was history.

It's can take a beating though, even after that the sub sounded great when playing, but Tom felt there was some damage to the driver and sent me a new one. SVS is TOP NOTCH and has my business for LIFE! Some day I will be placing an order for another 20-39 PC+.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks