What's new

New Superman movie => new Superman theme? (1 Viewer)

Johan Stensson

Auditioning
I hope that WB will use John William's classic themes from Superman: The Movie for the new Superman film. I actually don't think ANYTHING could be a worthy substitute for the original music. Perhaps a petition would convince WB...?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
They probably won't have a score... it'll probably be the souless quasi-rap that they manufacture for so many movies these days:rolleyes

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yeah, it will probably be filled with "Playstation" techno music. :D

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
Hmm, I don't suppose that John Williams would be interested in scoring the new movie?

Less of all the disturbing pessimism, you guys. :)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Oh, I wasn't being pessimistic, I was being realistic in this "gain the teen dollar at any cost" market.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
I was actually thinking of this topic a weeks back when I was considering the upcoming remake. Who in god's name would have the stones to follow up one of the most recognizable movie themes of all time, written by one of the greats? Perhaps some sort of compromise could be made, much in the same vein as Scorsese's Cape Fear remake, wherein Elmer Bernstein reused and remixed Bernard Herrmann's score for the original film, along with the unused portions of music for Hitchcock's Torn Curtain. Time will tell.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Since the movie is so blasphemous, I HOPE it won't use a single cue from John Williams' best score (OK, Star Wars and Empire are probably tied :) )

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
I can just see the soundtrack now:

R.E.M.
Crash Test Dummies
Three Doors Down
Five For Fighting
Spin Doctors
Donovan
Sugarhill Gang
and Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Oh, I wasn't being pessimistic, I was being realistic in this "gain the teen dollar at any cost" market."

Especially with the people theyre considering for the part.

:eek:Josh Harnett??!?!:rolleyes

I havent heard a single thing about this movie yet that Ive liked.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
JonZ, where did you hear that Josh Hartnett was rumored for the part? I've heard Brendan Fraser and the like, but not him. C'mon, Fraser's good looking enough...:)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Dark Horizons had a scoop last week with a bit of Superman news. It also gave like 3 others names as well. I looked them up on Yahoo and it wasnt good. Josh Harnett has been mentioned a few times recently though, not just at DH. I cant remember the sources though, I visit so many sites a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks