What's new

New Sharp 26" Aquous - Better Image? (1 Viewer)

Robert:H

Auditioning
Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a new 26" Aquous and am unimpressed with the image when I connect to cable. The images show alot of color bleeding and outlines are generally very fuzzy. Are there steps I should take to calibrate / adjust the LCD?

Thanks for all your help in advance

Rob

Adam

Stunt Coordinator
I think we need some more information. How do you have your cable box connected to the TV? Do you have digital cable?

You should at least connect it via S-video cable if your cable box has that output. If you have just regular analog cable and you have your new TV connected via RF antenna in, then you are probably stuck with a poor picture. You will have to step up to digital cable. Most digital cable subscribers are getting the new Motorola 6200 which has a much better picture than the plane old cable box or direct connection to the RF input. Best bet is to get digital cable or Satellite and use the best connection available from your receiver.

How is the picture with DVD?

Adam

John S

Senior HTF Member
It sure sounds like poor source....

How are you connected? Using the sets internal tuner for the cable? Cable Box? I think I'd try hooking it up a different way and try'n it. Maybe even try your VCR as a tuner instead of the internal tuner in it.

If you disconnect cable, and hook an antenna up, do broadcast stations look better.

It just sounds like weak source in all honesty.

Robert:H

Auditioning
Adam,

thanks for the quick reply - honestly I just stuck the analog cable into the back to check out the picture - once I took it out of the box. I do not have digital cable - though I am considering an upgrade with an HD box (comcast). I've resisted so far since I watch nearly everything on Tivo - no HD recording. I haven't checked DVD - the TV won't have one attached. I should say that the menus are crystal clear, so what you recommend makes sense.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks