What's new

new setup, need help with audio (1 Viewer)

gerry in mtl

Auditioning
Real Name
gerard
Hello all,

I just got myself a projector, and now I realise I have a bit of a problem with the audio.

I have an Ipad that I use to cast (thru chrome cast or apple TV) the video directly to the projector.
I have an old stereo system that does not have HDMI, so I can't plug anothe device like the chrome-cast in it.

What would be the best way to keep the tablet wire free, and still send video to the projector and audio to the stereo?

The way I have it now, is by connecting the ipad with a cable to the auxiliary (RCA) input on the stereo system.

Would there be another way to go about this? Other than buying a new stereo I mean...

Thanks

Gerry

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Without knowing what this audio is that uses the auxiliary, we can't help.

Is this a HTiB?
A 2 channel receiver?
Older 5.1?

gerry in mtl

Auditioning
Real Name
gerard
sorry.
It's a super basic audio system, not a purpose built home theatre unit.
So it only has one RCA auxiliary IN, at the back...

thanks

gerry in mtl

Auditioning
Real Name
gerard
This seems very interesting.

If I a stream from the ipad into the google chromecast that is attached to the projector, would the Belkin device be in sync with the video?
One using wireless HDMI, the other using Bluetooth?

The audio extractor option works too, but I am trying as much as possible to have the ipad wire free.
What could be the other options?
thanks

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Not sure if you can use Chromecast and Bluetooth at the same time. You'd probably be the guinea pig on that one.

How is the audio extractor not keeping the Ipad wire free? Connect the Chromecast to it, it to the projector.

By the way. Chromecast is not anywhere near the same concept as "wireless HDMI".

gerry in mtl

Auditioning
Real Name
gerard
In my head the projector is at one end of the room and the audio at the other end (one on the ceiling and the other on the floor on top of that), and since I don't want to have a ton of visible cables runing on my ceiling, I was going for the Chromecast atached directly to the projector and cables (that i'd like to avoid) coming off the ipad for the audio...

gerry in mtl

Auditioning
Real Name
gerard
Just a quick note to let you all know, since it seems a might have been the guinea pig, as Schan 1269 said.

Roku 2 XS connected to my projector via HDMI cable, and sound connected to my (really basic) audio system thru the A/V cable (not using the video of course) works just fine.

When HDMI is plugged in, it overides video output on the A/V so no video is transmitted thru this one, just audio.

It works perfectly for me, since I do not have a audio system with HDMI input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks