What's new

New Remote Time (1 Viewer)

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian

Installed a new touch panel in the wall a few weeks ago. We can control everything from the electronics, thermostat, lights, shades, fans, alarm, garage door and pool from the controller. I also reprogrammed all the remotes to look like the touch panel.
My wife tells me I have an addiction and I tell her "At least it's not booze, drugs or other women".
We also put in a new Roku TCL TV by the pool and I have to say, the one thing I was the most surprised by was how great this TV works with IP control and how good it looks being outside. The TCL has been flawless on control and very fast with loading the streaming apps. YouTubeTV and Netflix mainly.

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
Updated the touch panel for Halloween.

tempImaget3BLjF.jpg
tempImageXU3duf.jpg

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
I couldn't leave it alone. I did a complete re-program on our remote. I also installed new Lutron shades and Lutron RadioRa3 light switches that are all programmed into the remote.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
What remote do you have? I was re-skimming the thread and I can’t figure out what your device is or where you go it. :)

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
It's an RTI system. I run an XP6s processor with a KX7 touchpad built into the wall and a few different remotes. The main remote I use is the T4X. I have 6 audio zones throughout the house with 30 speakers between the house and pool/patio area.
The RTI system controls all the sub systems like Lutron, MyQ, Ecobee,etc which makes it a seamless system with one remote to do everything.

Brian

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
I've run remotes from Harmony, URC, Control4 and more and this has been the most versatile to program how I want it.

It does have to be professionally programmed but I am certified in RTI programming and do all the programming myself. I've also programmed URC, Control4, ProControl, RadioRa2, RadioRa3 and more.

It's an addiction...lol.

Brian

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
Here's two videos that show the touch panel. The one video shows the theater mode I programmed in. When I press theater mode the video switches to the projector, TV turns off, screen drops, Lutron shade drops in the back, lights dim and turn blue and after 15 seconds the two front lights turn off.

Like I said, it's a sad addiction. . . but I guess it's better than being a meth head.

BTW The light blinking at the top of the screen is the motion sensor the detects when you walk up to the touch panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks