What's new

new punisher movie.... (1 Viewer)

IanDP

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian
I'm holding out hope that when the script actually comes together and somebody makes a real effort to make the movie that Tom Jane gets back on board.

Many times I've read actors say NO to a movie but then get on board when the script (or the money) is right.

Without Jane I'd rather that they just not make it, but a direct to DVD sequel is probably inevitable.

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
The people that made the first Punisher movie with Jane should have watched 1977's Rolling Thunder starring William Devane. To me, that's how the Punisher movie should have been.

The recent Punisher movie was terrible. But Jane was the right guy in the role. Their main mistake was not making him a Vietnam veteran and not setting the movie in the late 70s or early 80s. Taking away his experiences in Vietnam changes his character completely. Unfortunately, the property is probably not popular enough to restart the franchise any time soon. But that is what needs to happen.

John Doran

Screenwriter
if they don't make the sequel as uncompromising as garth ennis' work on the punisher character, then you can't count me out for this one, as well.

i can't believe they make movies like hostel and the hills have eyes, with all their gratuitous and explicit torture and gore, but they won't put those devices to good use in the service of a compelling narrative...

Cassy_w

Second Unit
Jane was well cast because he dedicated himself into getting into shape and couple that with his exceptional chameleon like acting abilities, hey, the guy was perfect. But the script and director failed him.

The same was about to happen with number 2 and so he left. The fact is neither PUNISHER film was even close to capturing what the character was about. Frank Castle never really knew who killed his family, so he wanted vengeance on EVERY criminal. He killed them all. All that he could. He was a man obsessed.

Neither film captured the scale of the story. It's amazing how much they dropped the ball on what should be a sure fire easy to adapt story. The comic books are just loaded with issues that could be turned into kick ass films.

But whatever... I'm speaking, but no one important is listening.

By the way, my husband has a friend who is a screenwriter and I read a script of his he is working on that is really inspired by THE PUNISHER and it is so vastly superior in every way to the two film versions of Punisher, not to mention other vengeance films, that I am sure it will never get made. It's just too good for Hollywood to get it. :frowning:

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Looks like an "EOTech HOLOgraphic Weapon Sight" on the rifle. Also looks like it's mounted on it backwards. If they can get that small bit of info wrong how much else is gonna be screwed up.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
if it's the same teaser i saw it looks awful.

shooting people done as a ballet, in slow mo.

whats with that collar.

i thought he was jigsaw, didnt jigsaw wear a collar in the comic.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
To be honest, without a recognizable star, this looks more like DTV material.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
That teaser trailer looks awful. I really enjoyed Ray Stevenson's work on Rome, but his line readings here are atrocious, especially the 'Sometimes I'd like to get my hands on God' line.

I guess I miss Tom Janes as well. Those are words I never thought I'd here myself say. :laugh: I actually kinda like The Punisher (2004). I thought that if they could've toned down the humor with the apartment tenants Joan, Dave, and Bumbo there could've been a solid Marvel movie there instead of a mediocre one. The Punisher: Warzone looks like a step back to circa 1989 Punisher.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Apparently the director (Lexi Alexander) was fired from this recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks