What's new

New Outlaw product in the next 2 days??? (1 Viewer)

brian a

Second Unit
Just doing my part to refill the forum. ;)
Any guesses? What are the odds that they will announce the new product and the fact that the first 950's are shipping at the same time?
What are the odds that the new product will ship before the 950? :eek:
brianca...

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Outlaw promised the announcement of a new product by February 28th. I see no reason why this would not be the case. And I'm guessing that when they announce the product they will be shipping it as well.
Whatever it is, (except for a new receiver, which I don't think they will be doing since they are still finalizing the 950) it will not be as complicated as a pre/pro (or the pre/pro section of a receiver) so there is no beta testing involved.
And since nobody has yet received their "ten days" notification I would say that it's a pretty solid bet that this new product arrives before the 950.
And no, I'm not a beta tester for this new item. I have a few guesses as to what the new product will be, but I don't intend to feed the rumor mill in case I'm wrong.
Whatever. We should know in two days or thereabouts.
Stay tuned....
;)

Tan_N

Stunt Coordinator
My guess is that it will be more inter-connects..

or maybe a line conditionerpower surge..

something simple that doesnt need Beta-testers..

or even a multi-funtion learning remote controll..

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
The new product is going to be a reversible power knob for the 950. Instead of the unsightly green knob, users will have the option of either yellow or orange. All they have to do is unscrew the green knob and replace with the new.
Just think, one day you can use the orange knob and the next you could use the yellow, won't life be grand.
I have been beta testing this knob for about two weeks now and have found no defects, except for the colors of course:)

brian a

Second Unit
From the feb newsletter:

In our last Newsletter we said that there would be at least three new products from the Outlaws before the end of the year, and that one of them will ship before the first pitch of this year's Major League Baseball season. That schedule remains valid and we plan to announce one of those products before the end of February.
Says the it will be announced by the end Feb and ship by the end of march. I guess announcing and shipping tomorrow would meet both of these, but that's not how I read it.

brianca...

W

Will

I still want to go on recod that it would be easy for them to make a receiver based on the Outlaw 950 pre/pro. It would be so simple to do once the 950 is finalized. Eastech made the Outlaw 1050 receiver and Eastech is making the 950 pre/pro. They've got all the know-how at Eastech. I mean how hard could it be to add seven 100 watt amplifiers? It wouldn't need to cost much in total. They could charge a few hundred bucks (at most) more than the 950 goes for and probably make a killing. The price for the 1050 is under $500 and Outlaw crammed an entire receiver for that price, not just the extra amplifiers. The chasis and pre/pro section of the 950-based received shouldn't cost any more than those parts of the 950 pre/pro which is going for $900.

Brett Miles

Stunt Coordinator
I would think that at least one of the new products will be a receiver, if not necessarily this first one. The 1050 is slightly outdated and pretty old in the receiver world, where most of the companies release a "new" model every year. As much as I'd like to get a 950 and amp, I know that a decent receiver is more in my range for now. I'd personally be reluctant to buy a 1050 now, especially since Outlaw themselves warned us not to whine when we wish we'd waited for whatever this thing is going to be. Oh well, it's at least fun to speculate.

J

John Morris

Beware the Ides of March!

And, no, no and no... you are all wrong, although they will be releasing some new cables which they've announced. Buahahahahahaha (Big Vincent Price like evil laugh)

J

John Morris

For some strange reason, I sense that you might know something... Pity that I also sense that you're not going to share.
Hey Gonk! It is always nice to link folk's names that they use on other forums with their real ones here on HTF.
As for the new Outlaw item, I'm just havin' some fun... or am I??????? (insert Vincent Price laugh):D

Jim Prillaman

Stunt Coordinator
John

Heh-heh-heh -- messing with minds, or messing with our minds, eh? Either way, hopefully we'll see some news before next week on at least one of the little secrets Outlaw has been working on. Something to look forward to while I'm buried in stuff at work this week and next week. I suspect that whatever their fast-track product is, it's nothing too large or intricate (no new receiver or DVD player or such), which means it's probably something nobody has guessed. Headphone amp? Phono pre-amp? Maybe a two-channel amp? Should be interesting...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks