What's new

NEW MEMENTO SE: Info (1 Viewer)

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
DVD Empire lists a two pack of Memento: Limited Edition and Dogma: Special Edition for release on 5/21. Color me baffled. I guess if you want to see opposite ends of the spectrum in film editing (one has one, the other doesn't), this is the set for you!

Ben Harpold

Agent
Just to let you all know what will be on the Memento DVD SE.

According to an ad in Video Business Magazine, the Memento SE will be a limited edition with a box designed like a note book, with a light blue cover and black spine. Also in the lower right hand corner is the name Shelby L.

The features are listed as follows

Disc 1

Remastered in HD

Directors Commentary

Widescreen Presentation

Subtitles English and Spanish

Audio DTS English 5.1 Surround

English 5.1 DD

2 Channel

Disc 2

Anatomy of a scene

Director's shooting script

Theatrical Trailers

Original Short Story

International Campains

Production Stills and Sketches

Hidden Features and much more...

I think this set is worth double dipping, and I for one will be the first to do so.

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
Finally, some substantial news! Thanks. Looks good, but I hope the disc will have cast interviews - it'd be very interesting to hear how Pearce approached the character etc.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
now this what i call great timing. Right by my birthday. what is the edition size if known since it is a limited editon

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I saw that link in your other post. I would assume that this is just another case of Amazon not having correct information. Happens all the time.

I for one am hoping that it is the new version of Memento. Especially, since I never did get around to picking up Following, already dumped my original copy of Memento and was hoping this was my chance to get both.

-Chad

MatS

Screenwriter
would love to be positive thinking about it, but my guess is the 2 pack Memento/Following package is the old version. Like Ben's info from VBM said the SE version will be limited. Either way I am not pre-ordering anything until I have final confirmation of specs and price on all versions.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Jakob,

Almost all DVDs are mastered in HD and downconverted for the disc's release. If you were to check your collection, you would notice that this is said many times. It isn't shocking in the slightest.

-Chad

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
I'm guessing that the hidden features on disc 2 will include the chronological version - because the current list of extras doesn't even begin to warrant a second disc (unless that Anatomy of a Scene is huge).

I'm surprised about the DTS - the current Dolby Digital track hardly pushes any limits, I wouldn't have thought there would be any drastic improvement from DTS. Then again, what do I know?

Alan Benson

Stunt Coordinator
I'm guessing that the hidden features on disc 2 will include the chronological version - because the current list of extras doesn't even begin to warrant a second disc (unless that Anatomy of a Scene is huge).
I certainly hope so... Far from being just a "novelty"--a chronological analysis of the film was so intriguing to me that I duped/re-edited one myself on tape... This would be the only feature that would make the upgrade worthwhile for me...

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Excellent cover. Time to sell of the original to a buddy I guess.

So I have to sell

Usual Suspects

Memento

Traffic

I'm happy that these are getting good treatments, but jeez can't a guy enjoy his purchase for a few years first (guess I did that with U.S.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks