What's new

NEW MEMENTO SE: Info (1 Viewer)

ryan_m

Stunt Coordinator
I work for a company that distributes vhs and dvd. We don't usually get things in this early before street date but for some reason we got Memento in already.

I agree this this disc takes the whole easter egg deal a bit far. I will probably just wait till all the secrets are posted on the internet, then I'll look into them.

Jacob_St

Second Unit
It sounds like this DVD is going to be a major pain in the ass. Maybe I'm making a mistake preordering it. I hope other studios don't start adding ridiculous features like this. I buy DVD's to watch movies not to take tests and play games.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
This whole thing with with the puzzles to access the bonus features has convinced me not to purchase the Memento SE. The current disc is good enough for me and the only thing that it is really lacking is a commentary track, which isn't essential.

There is no way I am going to pay for this pain in the ass, frustrating disc.

Jonathan Hollander

Auditioning
Doesn't Nolan consult with people before putting out a special edition that has been a year in the works? :angry:
I was hoping that the "tests" would be only necessary to access the special features, and not the movie itself. For those who received these discs early, is this true?
I'm sure in the coming weeks a cheat sheet will be on the internet to quickly bypass these tests. Despite this annoyance, the improved picture, sound, commentary, and option to watch the movie in chronological order is enough for me to purchase it. :)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
anyone know if the US and Canadian versions of the SE are the same?
the initial releases were, after all, quite different (US had text of the short story, gallery of Leonard's tattoos etc; Canada had chapter selection allowing chronological playback of the movie). so when I bought from totalactionuniverse, I got the Canadian version, when I wanted the US version. don't want to make the same mistake again... ;)

ryan_m

Stunt Coordinator
Ok after reading the dvdtalk review I gave it another shot. I found the chronological version in about 3-5 mins. I also came across the script and trailers (I found some other stuff last time). Of course I didn't write it down or anything so it might take me that long next time too. I was just answering the questions that seem like they actually have a correct answer with the correct answer and the opinion questions like a crazy person would answer them. Not sure if that actually works or not but it seems to.

The menu on the first disc is pretty easy. You are greeted by a bunch of words but the words you want to pick are fairly straight forward, "watch", "listen", "comments" etc. It doesn't take 5 mins to figure out how to watch the movie or anything. I can certainly see some Blockbuster customers getting this home and being like "what the frig!", it's pretty easy though.

While I certainly wouldn't want to see this type of menu happening more often it is pretty nifty for this title and not that much of a bother for how many times I'm really going to be watching this stuff. If you're a fan of "special editions" I certainly wouldn't pass it up.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I can't believe you guys are complaining this much. In this world that we live in, every secret on this DVD will be on the net in, say, a day or two after it comes out. Everyone is always complaining that these are the director's films and they should be put out how the director intends them. I don't think this should be limited to aspect ratio. If Christopher Nolan wants to make a well-designed, albeit possibly confusing, DVD, let him. I, for one, will be first in line on the 21st.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I'm probably in the few that like what he is doing with the DVD. I think that the director's creativity in doing so is just another way of showing off what DVD can do, and while this may or may not have great transfer or sound, I think that this will be a reference disc just to show off the capabilities of the format when one gets creative enough.

Gui A

Supporting Actor
So will Alliance be releasing this version in Canada? If so how?

Will it be an ugly dual language cover: Memento: L'homme qui a continué à oublier??

(pardon my french, I only took it until grade 10)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks