What's new

new member, help me make a choice (1 Viewer)

Derek H

Agent
First off I want to say that this site kicks azz!! I think I read the "Primer for newcomers" 10 times, very good info there. Also I searched a whole bunch of older threads to learn even more.

OK heres the deal I live in Canada so H/K here are damn expensive so they are not in my price range. Plus I can get a good deal on the panasonic recievers both at $320 CDN, $200 for the Yamaha. My apartment room size is 15' X 15' open to the kitchen. My cousin is gonna give me his JVC speakers (2 towers, center, 2 small bookshelves) I hope these are better than HTIB speakers!!. I dont plan to use a sub (thin walls) plus the towers have 12" woofers.

I have narrowed down to three recievers:
1) Panasonic SAXR25 ($320)
2) Panasonic SAHE100 ($320)
3) a used Yamaha RXV992 ($200 but NO DTS)

Thanks for the any help!! BTW I do plan to upgrade the speakers, I want a HT soon rather than later.

Ian-Fl

Second Unit
Go to ecost.com and do a search for the Harman Kardon avr125. They use borderfree which ships to Canada. It's a referb that will come out to less than $300 Cdn.
I've found out, that alot of these large volume electronic sites are not factory authorized because their prices are way below retail prices. Their solution is to offer their own one year warranty on parts and labour. The other good receiver is the Onkyo TX-SR501 as a referb as well.
You can go through the checkout to see what the final cost will be without paying.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Derek,

Are you able to locate any discount Canadian retailers / Internet vendors who would sell the "XR45" for a nice price? The XR25 is a good receiver, but the XR45 is supposed to be constructed quite a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks