What's new

New Marantz Receivers??? (1 Viewer)

James_N_H

Stunt Coordinator
After just buying a Marantz SR-7200 I have heard a few rumours of a new range, to replace the 4200/5200/6200 etc, has anybody heard this or know of any proof of this?
Also with the imminent arrival of Denon's new range and the two being the same company I cant see Marantz wanting to drop behind.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It is always a possibility, however they have only been out for about 6 months, so I highly doubt there will be a replacement for them right away.

Denon's new range? Haven't heard that either, besides the 5803. I'm sure both have been working hard on their next generations.

They are the same company in name, but that does not mean they do not operate independently of eachother.

Enjoy what you have, and don't worry about it. If they come out with something so close on the heels of the last release, it won't be likely to be so different that it would be worth an upgrade anyway.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Oct would put them at roughly 1yr from the current models, which is a little sooner, but not too uncommon for updated model releases for most companies.

James_N_H

Stunt Coordinator
John,
If you look at another thread featured in this section its on about a new Denon AVR-1403 to replace the 1602, and also info can be had on the 1803 and 2803.

The new marantz may be out late october, although I can see the main change being the inclusion of a seventh channel for surround especially with the 7200 model, not sure about the lower down models, although im sure the 4200's replacement will have 6 channel surround instead of being dolby digital only.

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
The previous line (5/7/8000) were only replaced about 18 months after their debut, though the current line may be replaced a little sooner due to the competative marketplace. However, I don't see that they could offer many more features than they currently have, since they are still very much up-to-date (DPL-2, 6-ch. amplification). Unless it is to include some formerly high-end features on the lower models, such as component video switching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks