What's new

New, Low-Carb Coke (1 Viewer)

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
New Coke

Anyone try this yet? I'm wondering if really does taste just like regular coke. If it does, then couldn't they just get rid of regular coke? Is anyone really going to say, "I want all of my sugar!".

OK, queue all the folks who "want all of their sugar". :D

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
New Coke

Anyone try this yet? I'm wondering if really does taste just like regular coke. If it does, then couldn't they just get rid of regular coke? Is anyone really going to say, "I want all of my sugar!".

OK, queue all the folks who "want all of their sugar". :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
After the "New Coke" fiasco of the 80's, Coca-Cola Company will NEVER, EVER, cease production of original Coke Classic ever again.

I haven't tried it, but I can't believe it would be so identical you couldn't tell the difference. Otherwise, if it's that much healthier why not make regular Coke that way a long time ago (i.e. before the current low-carb fad)?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
After the "New Coke" fiasco of the 80's, Coca-Cola Company will NEVER, EVER, cease production of original Coke Classic ever again.

I haven't tried it, but I can't believe it would be so identical you couldn't tell the difference. Otherwise, if it's that much healthier why not make regular Coke that way a long time ago (i.e. before the current low-carb fad)?

Todd Harlan

Agent
I enjoy it, but it does not taste like Coke. I drink it b/c it's half the sugar/calories and it tastes pretty good (I can't drink Diet Coke...ughhh).

Todd Harlan

Agent
I enjoy it, but it does not taste like Coke. I drink it b/c it's half the sugar/calories and it tastes pretty good (I can't drink Diet Coke...ughhh).

Noah Gottula

Stunt Coordinator
To me it basically tastes like a mix between normal and diet coke. I drink normal coke religiously and can't stand diet coke, so my taste buds may be a little skewed. Either way its about the middle of the road between the two (you can taste hints of both).

Noah Gottula

Stunt Coordinator
To me it basically tastes like a mix between normal and diet coke. I drink normal coke religiously and can't stand diet coke, so my taste buds may be a little skewed. Either way its about the middle of the road between the two (you can taste hints of both).

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i agree with noah. it's a good trade off between regular coke and diet coke. though, it tastes more like regular coke than diet coke to me.

kevin t

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i agree with noah. it's a good trade off between regular coke and diet coke. though, it tastes more like regular coke than diet coke to me.

kevin t

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I saw Pepsi Edge first and am curious how these are going to fly given what I learned about carbonation. I read somewhere that carbonation basically numbs your taste buds and that's the primary reason for the amount of sugar in sodas. That's why sodas taste too sweet when they've gone flat. I'll give it a try out of curiosity though.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I saw Pepsi Edge first and am curious how these are going to fly given what I learned about carbonation. I read somewhere that carbonation basically numbs your taste buds and that's the primary reason for the amount of sugar in sodas. That's why sodas taste too sweet when they've gone flat. I'll give it a try out of curiosity though.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida

That's what I figured.

I like the taste of regular coke, but don't drink much of it because of all the sugar. I can tolerate some diet drinks, but diet coke doesn't appeal to me at all. I'll have to give this a try.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida

That's what I figured.

I like the taste of regular coke, but don't drink much of it because of all the sugar. I can tolerate some diet drinks, but diet coke doesn't appeal to me at all. I'll have to give this a try.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member

I never knew that. I'm a mountain-dewaholic and have one every morning to start off the day. Of course I take my time drinking it and usually it ends up flat or I forget about it. Then when I take a swig, holy moly is that way too sweet for human consumption. :D

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member

I never knew that. I'm a mountain-dewaholic and have one every morning to start off the day. Of course I take my time drinking it and usually it ends up flat or I forget about it. Then when I take a swig, holy moly is that way too sweet for human consumption. :D

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Are these new low-carb, 50% less sugar diest colas anything more than a 50-50 mix of the diet and regular sodas? :)

I expect that these will taste only 50% as bad as the diet sodas. A friend at work got one (by accident) and found it not as bad regular diet, but it still had the aftertaste of artificial sweeteners.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Are these new low-carb, 50% less sugar diest colas anything more than a 50-50 mix of the diet and regular sodas? :)

I expect that these will taste only 50% as bad as the diet sodas. A friend at work got one (by accident) and found it not as bad regular diet, but it still had the aftertaste of artificial sweeteners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks