What's new

New, Low-Carb Coke (1 Viewer)

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
I tried it and can't stand it. Still tastes too sweet for me. Nothing but Diet Coke(with Lime) for me.

Jeff

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
I tried it and can't stand it. Still tastes too sweet for me. Nothing but Diet Coke(with Lime) for me.

Jeff

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
C2 is NASTY. Initial taste is Ok but man is the aftertaste bitter.
Pepsi edge is the same concept, tastes a little better, tastes like half diet and half regular. That's probably exactly what it is.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
C2 is NASTY. Initial taste is Ok but man is the aftertaste bitter.
Pepsi edge is the same concept, tastes a little better, tastes like half diet and half regular. That's probably exactly what it is.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I was a regular Coke fiend for 25+ years. 3-4 per day, more on the weekends. I gave it up 4 months ago for a strange beverage I had heard of but rarely saw in my glass . . . water. I still drink coffee (drip and espresso) to get my caffeine, but I'm off the corn syrup/ sugar/citric acid and I don't miss it. Nothing against Coke drinkers, but the sugar was killing me and NutraSweet makes my brain swim.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I was a regular Coke fiend for 25+ years. 3-4 per day, more on the weekends. I gave it up 4 months ago for a strange beverage I had heard of but rarely saw in my glass . . . water. I still drink coffee (drip and espresso) to get my caffeine, but I'm off the corn syrup/ sugar/citric acid and I don't miss it. Nothing against Coke drinkers, but the sugar was killing me and NutraSweet makes my brain swim.

Ken CG

Agent
I tried C2 and do have to agree that it tastes like crap. It's made with Sugar, Splenda, and Aspartame. What's up with that? Why can't they just take their "Diet Coke" product, get rid of the Aspartame altogether, and just use Splenda. I drink products that are made with Splenda like Diet Rite and they taste really good. Diet Rite has almost the same taste as Pepsi. It's that Aspartame that gives Diet Pops that nasty aftertaste. You don't get much of an aftertaste with Splenda though. If the "Diet Coke" would use Splenda instead of Aspartame, it'd taste almost like real coke and still have 0 carbs.

Ken CG

Agent
I tried C2 and do have to agree that it tastes like crap. It's made with Sugar, Splenda, and Aspartame. What's up with that? Why can't they just take their "Diet Coke" product, get rid of the Aspartame altogether, and just use Splenda. I drink products that are made with Splenda like Diet Rite and they taste really good. Diet Rite has almost the same taste as Pepsi. It's that Aspartame that gives Diet Pops that nasty aftertaste. You don't get much of an aftertaste with Splenda though. If the "Diet Coke" would use Splenda instead of Aspartame, it'd taste almost like real coke and still have 0 carbs.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Pepsi Edge tastes more like Pepsi than C2 tastes like Coke.

C2 has that asptertame which, in my opinion, makes it taste half like Coke, half like Diet, with no kick.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Pepsi Edge tastes more like Pepsi than C2 tastes like Coke.

C2 has that asptertame which, in my opinion, makes it taste half like Coke, half like Diet, with no kick.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I'm allergic to aspertame so I agree, get rid of it!

I drink Diet Rite and while it's no Coke, really isn't bad at all. I've love for their to be a Coke version sweetened 100% with Splenda.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I'm allergic to aspertame so I agree, get rid of it!

I drink Diet Rite and while it's no Coke, really isn't bad at all. I've love for their to be a Coke version sweetened 100% with Splenda.

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Leila,

I just picked up a case of Kirkland Diet Soda (Costco house brand) and it's favored with Splenda(sucralose) instead of nutrasweet. Pretty good stuff and it's cheap too.

Jeff

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Leila,

I just picked up a case of Kirkland Diet Soda (Costco house brand) and it's favored with Splenda(sucralose) instead of nutrasweet. Pretty good stuff and it's cheap too.

Jeff

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Yeah, anything flavored with Splenda tastes better than aspartame. I enjoyed the C2, but I did notice the aftertaste. I got used to it, although I haven't bought any in two weeks. I drink Diet Vanilla Pepsi pretty much exclusively but if I get an urge for a non-diet Coke, I would grab the C2 instead of the regular Coke.

I haven't tried Pepsi EDGE. I don't think it's in Las Vegas yet.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Yeah, anything flavored with Splenda tastes better than aspartame. I enjoyed the C2, but I did notice the aftertaste. I got used to it, although I haven't bought any in two weeks. I drink Diet Vanilla Pepsi pretty much exclusively but if I get an urge for a non-diet Coke, I would grab the C2 instead of the regular Coke.

I haven't tried Pepsi EDGE. I don't think it's in Las Vegas yet.

Jason Boucher

Stunt Coordinator
I'm pretty picky about colas, and I like the new low carb Coke. I didn't notice an after taste, and I will be supporting the product (although the 20 oz bottles label carb content in 8 oz. servings, so you still need to be careful). P.S., I went from drinking 6 Cokes a day to none over the last 6 months and have lost 35 pounds and feel a lot better. Maybe I forgot what real Coke tastes like.

Jason Boucher

Stunt Coordinator
I'm pretty picky about colas, and I like the new low carb Coke. I didn't notice an after taste, and I will be supporting the product (although the 20 oz bottles label carb content in 8 oz. servings, so you still need to be careful). P.S., I went from drinking 6 Cokes a day to none over the last 6 months and have lost 35 pounds and feel a lot better. Maybe I forgot what real Coke tastes like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks