What's new

New, Low-Carb Coke (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member

Not necessarily fat, but the sugars are a guaranteed five to six pound adder.

I think C2 is okay, but since I don't drink that much pop to begin with anymore, I'll stick with regular Coke. Otherwise, water and fruit juices for me.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member

Not necessarily fat, but the sugars are a guaranteed five to six pound adder.

I think C2 is okay, but since I don't drink that much pop to begin with anymore, I'll stick with regular Coke. Otherwise, water and fruit juices for me.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
C2: Electric Boogaloo?

I tried a bottle of this and it basically tastes like 1/2 a bottle of normal Coca-Cola mixed with 1/2 a bottle of Diet Coke.

Now, if they'd work on making some Splenda sodas, that would be worth trying.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
C2: Electric Boogaloo?

I tried a bottle of this and it basically tastes like 1/2 a bottle of normal Coca-Cola mixed with 1/2 a bottle of Diet Coke.

Now, if they'd work on making some Splenda sodas, that would be worth trying.

Frederick

Second Unit
I tried the Pepsi. It's pretty good. The little store in my office sold out of them. Plenty of the C2's left ...

Freddy C.

Frederick

Second Unit
I tried the Pepsi. It's pretty good. The little store in my office sold out of them. Plenty of the C2's left ...

Freddy C.

Don Black

Screenwriter
Since people on low-carb diets are advised to avoid aspartame (e.g., Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, C2, Edge, etc.), this product doesn't really make any sense to me. It's a solution to a non-existant problem.

Diet Rite is generally the soda of choice for Atkins followers. And while the Diet Rite Cola tastes like manure, the Diet Rite Grape is pretty darn good (until the last gulp which, again, tastes like manure). :D

Don Black

Screenwriter
Since people on low-carb diets are advised to avoid aspartame (e.g., Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, C2, Edge, etc.), this product doesn't really make any sense to me. It's a solution to a non-existant problem.

Diet Rite is generally the soda of choice for Atkins followers. And while the Diet Rite Cola tastes like manure, the Diet Rite Grape is pretty darn good (until the last gulp which, again, tastes like manure). :D

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member

Me.

Anyway, Coke C2 is easiest to explain as 75% diet coke mixed with 25% regular coke. I like diet coke so this is too sweet. But then again I like Mt.dew.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member

Me.

Anyway, Coke C2 is easiest to explain as 75% diet coke mixed with 25% regular coke. I like diet coke so this is too sweet. But then again I like Mt.dew.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I had a can of "C2" last evening. Regretfully, it will be the last can or bottle that I drink of the stuff. For me, I'd either go all "diet" and drink their unleaded stuff, or go "all out" and drink the regular sugar-based Coke. :)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I had a can of "C2" last evening. Regretfully, it will be the last can or bottle that I drink of the stuff. For me, I'd either go all "diet" and drink their unleaded stuff, or go "all out" and drink the regular sugar-based Coke. :)

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Why would Atkins advise against aspartame? Do they have some kind of financial stake to protect? I thought sugar free meant sugar free and whatever artificial sweetener is used should not matter?

I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia back in '72 and was advised to avoid sugar. I started drinking diet soda then and although I was proven not to be hypoglecemic in 1981 still can't stand the taste of regular soda which has a cloyingly syrupy sweet taste with a sour aftertaste to me. It's basically a matter of what one becomes accustomed to.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Why would Atkins advise against aspartame? Do they have some kind of financial stake to protect? I thought sugar free meant sugar free and whatever artificial sweetener is used should not matter?

I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia back in '72 and was advised to avoid sugar. I started drinking diet soda then and although I was proven not to be hypoglecemic in 1981 still can't stand the taste of regular soda which has a cloyingly syrupy sweet taste with a sour aftertaste to me. It's basically a matter of what one becomes accustomed to.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member

I'm not surprised. But this goes against your "sugar free meant sugar free" defense. ;)

I've seen the Pepsi product but not the C2 yet on the shelves. Will try both at some point.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member

I'm not surprised. But this goes against your "sugar free meant sugar free" defense. ;)

I've seen the Pepsi product but not the C2 yet on the shelves. Will try both at some point.

Don Black

Screenwriter
Some people have experienced difficulty losing weight when aspartame was present in their bodies. Hence the recommendation for sucralose. And no, Atkins does not have a stake in the manufacturer.

Don Black

Screenwriter
Some people have experienced difficulty losing weight when aspartame was present in their bodies. Hence the recommendation for sucralose. And no, Atkins does not have a stake in the manufacturer.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Not to mention teeth rotter.

My parents' store now has both C2 and Pepsi Edge, but I've yet to try either. Not a big soda drinker anyway.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Not to mention teeth rotter.

My parents' store now has both C2 and Pepsi Edge, but I've yet to try either. Not a big soda drinker anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks