What's new

New look at the Khan Director's Edition packaging... (1 Viewer)

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Where was this? I guess I missed it.
In the Mutara Nebula battle, after Kirk says "Fire!" at one point, the action cuts to an exterior shot of the Enterprise torpedo launcher firing a torpedo at the Reliant, then, for a fraction of a second, cuts back to the previous close-up shot of Kirk. I just hope they fixed it.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
The cover art they're using is by the late Bob Peak, a very talented artist with a flair for dynamic composition.
There's a website devoted to his work, which includes many classic movie posters, here.
It's a shame that they're not using a uniform design for the new sleeves.
I think ST:TMP was supposed to be Gold, this is supposed to be Silver. The next one should be Bronze.
If this is the scheme they're using, then Star Trek V: The Final Frontier should be a muddy brown, appropriately enough!

Eric_R_C

Second Unit
In the Mutara Nebula battle, after Kirk says "Fire!" at one point, the action cuts to an exterior shot of the Enterprise torpedo launcher firing a torpedo at the Reliant, then, for a fraction of a second, cuts back to the previous close-up shot of Kirk. I just hope they fixed it.
While I haven't seen this DVD, this sounds like a layer-change problem. The Perfect Storm does this as well, and it's pretty obvious.

Torquil

Agent
wonder if they've included the original series episode that introduced Khan as an Easter Egg on disc 2?
Finally an Easter Egg worth hunting for.;)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
wonder if they've included the original series episode that introduced Khan as an Easter Egg on disc 2?
That would sure be sweet! I hope someone on the production crew for this disc sees the potential and it gets included.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
what happened to the commentary track with shatner and nimoy?
According to what I've heard they've been signed to do three:

* Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
* Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
-and-
* Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
(Let's hope that this one is a new Director's Cut with the completed SFX for the ending.)

Word is that we may still get the Star Trek III SE before the end of the year!

Britton

Screenwriter
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I haven't seen this DVD, this sounds like a layer-change problem. The Perfect Storm does this as well, and it's pretty obvious.
I have noticed that as well, and I doubt is was a layer change problem. If I'm not mistaken, all the Trek DVDs with the exception of TMP and (maybe) Insurrection were all single layered discs.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
You see, their young enter through the ears and wrap themselves around the cerebral cortex. this has the effect of rendering the victim extremely susceptible to suggestion. Later, as they grow, follows madness - and death.
Get your own Ceti Eel - the Perfect Pet w/his own container, just like Khans - from Federation Models! Be the first one on your block to own an alien eel! ;)
The perfect novelty compliment with your Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan - The Director's Edition DVD!!!
Phil

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Looks awesome!!!!! Can't wait to pick this one up, as well as the rest of the series.
Is the film a new print?

A line of dialogue? Man, so many. My favorite film!!!

"Suppose they went no where?"
"Well, this will be your big chance to get away from it all."

James.M

Stunt Coordinator
I think the packaging looks OK, but I'm not too keen on the silver all around it, somehow makes it look tacky.:confused:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Something that I've always wondered about with the film and it's soundtrack / score. On the soundtrack CD there is extra music for the scene where Kirk returns fire on the Reliant in their first encounter. Scotty comes to the bridge holding his nephew, the film then cuts to an exterior shot of the Enterprise, etc.
On the cd there is some additional music that is not heard in the film. (Track 4 "Kirk's Explosvie Reply" on the WOK soundtrack)
Anyone know anything about this one?

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
* Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (Let's hope that this one is a new Director's Cut with the completed SFX for the ending.)
Can't wait to hear the commentary for this one:

Shatner: And this is where I made this shot that I thought looked good but actually doesn't. Look, so what if the pad I was holding had the word "danger" burned right into it? Oh, now I see why I don't direct anymore....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks