What's new

New League of Gentlemen series! (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
"You're my wife now!!"

BBC America are finally getting around to showing the third series of this superb British comedy. Much darker and twisted this time around, apparently, with each episode concentrating on particular characters.

Can't wait!

First episode is Friday night at 10:20pm et/pt.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
"Does this mean we're really shallow people?"

"No, no ... { panic look } Certainly not."

:D

It would be nice if we didn't have to wait so long for new seasons ... er ... series. It is still a BBC station, after all. Oh, well. Better late than never.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Sure John. There is a shop run by a couple on the outskirts of town (Royston Vasey) that is run by a (very) strange couple. Often a passing stranger enters the shop and eventually becomes embroiled with the shopkeepers.

The ensuing dialogue goes something like this:

Edward (the shop keeper) bustling in: Here, here, what’s all this noise? We’ll have no trouble here.

explanations ensue

Edward (explaining) This is a local shop for local people

This is pretty much a tag line in the show. If you have not seen this series, once you begin,

You’ll never leave (yet another tag line)

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
AAAUUUGHHH!! Oh, God! I completely goofed. For whatever reason, I was associating League of Gentlemen with Manchild. I have absolutely no reason what the hell came over me.

I'll be leaving now. :D :b

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Well, watched it last night & absolutely loved it.

The change to focusing on a subset of characters each week has allowed them to bring out the dark humour & grow the depth of the characters. Yet they've still found time to show the 'background detail' of the town.

An absolutely hilarious episode too.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Very good episode. Not as "jokey" as previous series, but excellent in its own way. Can't wait till next week. It's really too bad that WB hasn't released Season 2 on DVD in the States. Season 3 is out already in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks