What's new

New house (1 Viewer)

Lampy

Auditioning
Real Name
Guy Pepper
hi all

So the wife and I are only mo the away from starting to build our new house, this includes a
Length 6,610mm
Width 5,110mm
Height 3,000mm
Theatre room it also backs onto our walkinrobe so I was thinking of puting a large rack in 1 of the cupboards that will be accessible from both sides, I haven't had an awefull lot to do with home theatre systems in the past and am looking for a little help.

I am thinking a large flush mount drop down projector around 100' a good quality projector, behind the drop down projector screen I was thinking a large 4K TV, I have a rack mount PC at the moment with all my movies on it running Plex so that will run all the movies in all the rooms of the house, I also want to add a rack mount PC that will control my HTC VIVE. I am looking to get some advise on projectors, projector screens, TV's surround sound for this room size, so I am able to start planning cable runs through the house. I am a sparkly so there will be lots and lots and lots of data power points etc

Am looking at spending MAX of 20k on the TV projector and speakers.

TIA

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Why do you think you want both a projector and TV? You are increasing your costs by not only buying a second display but also by needing to go from a fixed to drop down screen.

Lampy

Auditioning
Real Name
Guy Pepper
I dont know a lot about projectors but I had been told that really high def movies were better on TV where as things like playstation or VR machines would be better on a projector

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks