What's new

New "High-End" Radio Shack cables..... (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
While getting some rechargable batteries at Radio Shack last night, I came across the below item....

Acording to the Shack's website, these interconnects have ....
99.997% pure oxygen-free copper core delivers a cleaner signal path. Two 24k gold-plated, low-capacitance phono (RCA) plugs at each end. Ferrite toroidal filters remove EM/RF interference. Lifetime Limited Warranty.
There are also the complementary coax and Toslink digital cables and video cable in various lengths. Check them out here.

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Sounds like snake- oil marketing mumbo-jumbo to me.

Just another botique start-up company hell-bent to rip off the uninformed masses.

Hey, try it out... let us know.

8^) .... just kidding.

Are you using this, or is this an add ?

BOK

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
twisting the wires gives the cable common mode noise rejection properties so if you've got a noise issue that's not coming from the equipment it may prove useful. don't know if these cables use just two wires or they're running a star quad configuration which is twin paralleled twisted wires. this is not new technology and has been used in automotive applications. regarding the shielding, its better to have the shielding connected to only one end and that particular end would then be connected to your source (ex. preamp) end.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Brian,

I was going to get some 1 meter audio cable of the above, but the item was so new that they don't even have them it stock. Maybe another alternative to the AR performance series or other low cost cables.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
FYI
Parts Express now carries DAYTON a/v cables, very cheap too. I found some 1.5' composite video cables that worked great for me. Not too many companies even sell 1.5' long cables...:)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
the website says "brand: fusion a/v".

so are these badge-engineered cables from a different company?

at least they don't appear to have the rat-shack death-grip connectors like their other line.

they sure look a lot like monster-brand.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Ted,

From the packaging I've seen, these cables are Radio Shack-branded. "Fusion A/V" is merely the name of the line RS use to separate them from the "Gold Series" cables.

As for whether badge-engineered from another company, i.e. Monster Cable, who knows? But a couple of years ago, I read something on audioasylum.com about Radio Shack clearing out some Monster Cable-manufactured audio cables for $9.99. Sure enough, I was able to pick up some very nice directional 2M "Radio Shack" audio cables at that price. They even have the Monster "death-grip" connectors....

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thanks danny...guess i'll make a stop in good ol rat-shack next time i'm at the mall. :)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Radio Shack is also quite good at providing additional information regarding their cables via an inquiry through their website.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Danny, thanks for posting this. I'll have to check them out the next time I am near a Radio Shack. I am curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks