What's new

New HD Receivers at Best Buy or Circuit City? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_N

Agent
I've noticed that Best Buy had the Toshiba DST-3000 on the shelf the other day. (No price or anything on it.) I asked the salesman about the Sony SAT-HD100, and he said: "We're getting a lot of new equipment in, and it is supposed to be out next week. I think we're getting the DH DirecTv receiver with a recorder in it, but it's not TiVo."
Now, the problems with this is that statement is, as far as I am aware, there are no recorder units combined with HD receivers, and Sony is in bed with TiVo. Therefore, I assume that the salesperson at Best Buy does not know what they are talking about.
So, my questions is: Does anyone have any good, solid information about Best Buy or Circuit City carrying more DH receivers other than the dreaded DTC-100?
(What can I say, I need the 12 months - no interest, if I am going to buy one now. My 61HS10 is lonely.)

KenA

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ken Appell
From my experience, Best Buy really doesn't know anything about HDTV. I had an argument with three employees at the same time about it. They kept telling me that digital means high definition and refused to acknowledge resolution differences. One sales person insisted that the digital signal was being displayed on all of their demo sets (including the NTSC sets) and that you just plugged it in to a different input on each set. At that point, I just laughed and walked away.
This was a store on LI, your milage may vary.
------------------
»ken«

Timmy

Stunt Coordinator
Ken, I hear that alot too. Many think "digital" means High Definition... and that they now have digital cable that they are getting HDTV :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks