What's new

New Gallo Due' for $450 pair a Good deal?? (1 Viewer)

BobBehr

Auditioning
I visited a small high end store,which sadly is closing it's doors.I saw the gallo dues' on the shelf and vaguely remembered seeing them in a few ads and reviews. The ownwer shot me a price of $450 for the PAIR!! I sort of dimissed it because I'm not really in the market.I know these go for around $599 each ,should I jump?I plan to go listen to them tommorow afternoon . Any thoughts appreciated.Thanks.

maestroguruji

Auditioning
Real Name
Manicam
Hello Bob,
Greetings from an audio enthusiast from Malaysia.
The Due for $450 is a terrific buy and I hope you consider their purchase. I did write a short review some years ago which you may wish to consider when deciding on your choice.
Cheers.
Maestroguruji

ps: My review

History : I have been using planar loudspeakers (Magneplanars, Martin Logans, QUADs) for no less than 20 years with great satisfaction. Up till last November I was using the MG 3.6s with immense delight. While the planars sounded grand in my earlier listening room measuring 18ft. x 28ft. they became physically dominating in my present 11ft. x 13ft. listening room particularly with connecting cables running all over the room. In October I decided to give up the 3.6s and choose the smaller NFR 630s. However by chance I stumbled onto a short British review in the internet on the Gallo Due. What attracted me most was the wall mounting potential of the Dues besides their diminutive size. I ordered a pair from an ad on Audiogon, paid USD180 for shipping and a further USD150 for customs tax and within 3 hours of receiving the speakers I had them mounted on the wall, 7ft. apart and 2ft. from the wall-ends and set up my old REL STRATA II powered sub-woofer in parallel with the Dues and at a cross0ver frequency of 63hz. Performance : The days of listening following the installation were disappointing, particularly after the years of enjoying the sound of the 3.6s. However after 1 month the sound began to improve and after 2 months it became superb. Whether the music was chamber, orchestral or opera it got one totally involved, with no sense of listening-fatigue but with rich, realistic rendering of all types of (classical) music. Truly magnificent. I do not miss the MG3.6s anymore. Associated Equipment : Audio Research CDT1 CD transport, Audio Research DAC1 converter, Audio Research LS3 preamp, Audio Research D115 MK.II power amplifier, Siltech digital interconnect, Madrigal analogue interconnects and Audioquest Speaker cables.

maestroguruji

Auditioning
Real Name
Manicam
Extremely sorry for not realizing the date of the original posting.
Thanks to both writers for pointing this out.
I guess the time has come to cease to be a forum participant.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks