What's new

New DVD Player (1 Viewer)

Greg_GG

Grip
I have a quick question. I want a new DVD player for my b-day and don't have a clue which is a good one. I have a Mitsubishi 46 HDTV and want a good quality player (I am using my sony playstation now so I think anything would be better) Buget is low 300 or below even though I like Denon but I think I have to settle for a Panisonic or something. Anybody have any input. Thanks alot
Greg N.J.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Based on what I've been reading, the less expensive Denon players are not very good.

You say "settle" for Panasonic, but they actually make some of the better players on the market right now, and would be my first suggestion. In that price range, I'd suggest the RP82 or RP62, and both can easily be found for less than $300.

After that, I'd probably look at the Sony 715.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I've been burned by Panasonic in the past, I had the infamous A-110, and Panasonic's refusal to even acknowledge that their was a problem led me to never buy anything from them again. I'd be very careful about giving such a company your business if I were you.
I'd go with either Sony as suggested or Pioneer. Look for one that's progressive scan if you can find one in your price range. Good luck. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks