What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

New Cover Art -Spin City vol 1 & 2 (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ben Rockwell

Agent
Are you kidding me? THis is the first I've seen of this...no season sets? That just stinks. I've been waiting and waiting for this, and we get his choice? Well, good to see they are coming out, but I was REALLY hoping for sets...

BTW, anyone know why this went off the air? Was it 9/11?

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
^^^It really does stink.

I would buy this show in season sets. I hope (tho I hear otherwise) that NewsRadio doesn't get a similar treatment.

Joel C

Screenwriter
What? You heard NewsRadio will be volumes? WHY?????????????????????????? Pant pant.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Yeah, TVshowsonDVD.com reported recently, that while NewsRadio was mentioned, it wasn't specified as a season set. Which leads many of us to believe its getting the shaft.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
SPin City had a lot of runnign storylines, yes? It doesn't seem a good candidate for best-ofs.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The polls are in and NewsRadio is a winner! Here's the email that was sent out earlier today:

"Thanks to those of you participating in the TV poll. Based on the overall selections, we have now planned to put out a number of the titles chosen. Please look for The Tick, Soap, Newsradio, Dilbert and more to be released on DVD later this year. Thank you again for your selections, your opinions matter!"
Uh, yeah. That's vague on best-of's vs. season sets. But Gord spoke to Columbia late last week and got the info about Married With Children. We also have advance information about Soap, Tick, and Dilbert (including artwork) which we are waiting to share with the world on their respective announce dates (we don't want Columbia busting our chops for breaking their announce date policies, which they've recently re-emphasized).

Newsradio was the only one on that list which we DIDN'T have advance info on, and so Gord asked about it when he talked to them about MwC. The reply? They didn't say "best of's". They didn't say "season sets". In fact, they didn't say anything at all yet. They just aren't ready to discuss the details of Newsradio.

No offense intended to them, but Columbia is fustrating to the public (and to journalists) in that they don't breathe a word about upcoming releases until they are darn good and ready to do so. And they are very good about it, rarely if ever leaking anything accidentally. For them, this is a very sound policy: it keeps them from being "committed" to specs and features that might not end up in the final product, or to product that might never get released at all. Public speculation with the participation of the studio often leads to disappointment later if something changes, right?

So, even though it leaves guys like me with little to tell everyone, at least when Columbia DOES tell you what the situation is, you know it's accurate (whether or not you like it is a different matter...just ask Designing Women fans).

Newsradio is taking longer than the rest of them. Does that mean "season sets", because a season sets take longer to plan? I dunno...Soap/Tick/Dilbert aren't best-of's, either. It probably just means it will be released in a different month; Columbia takes things just one month at a time. My opinion is that I expect a full Newsradio announcement to come no earlier than the end of July, and perhaps will be sometime in August.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the Spin City thread. By-the-way, Patrick and I seem to have found that artwork at the same time; I posted a news story at TVShowsOnDVD with it at roughly the same time he was posting it here. Strange how these things happen! :)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
To add insult to injury (no season sets), that's some pretty skanky cover art as well. It's a noggin nightmare!

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Well, the ONLY news item we've published about Newsradio was this one from 4/22:
Perhaps my source was DavidDVD or DVDfile. Well, Im gonna go and find it, because I remember reading that NewsRadio wasn't getting a season set, well rumored anyways.

I'll find it, and link it here.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Here's the 'response' I got back from universal/dreamworks:
Thank you for your comments of excited to hear that Spin City, one of my
favorite TV shows, was coming to DVD. However, that changed when I learned that the show would be released in best-of collections rather than season sets. Although I love this show and have been anxiously awaiting a possible
DVD release, I will pass on the upcoming releases. I think that many other fans of the show will do the same as they, like me, would prefer season-by-season releases.Your e-mail will be forward to the appropriate
dept.

Regards,
Universal Studios Customer Service
Code=TV

I was very dissapointed to learn about these best of dvds. :thumbsdown: Hopefully Dreamwork will change their minds since I will only purchase this show in Season sets.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
Damn, this is not good. First Married...With Children and now Spin City. They HAD BETTER NOT touch my 2nd favorite show (NewsRadio) with this crappy "Best of" junk. Season by Season sets should be the only thing even considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks