What's new

Aesop's Fables: the 1920s Vol 1 Bluray on Kickstarter (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
just caught wind of this project and thought others might like to add to the conversation. From the new label Cartoon Logic, a restored Blu-Ray/DVD collection of classic 1920s cartoons by Paul Terry, the dean of animation! Later to be the father of one of my favorite cartoon characters Mighty Mouse!!
It's being supported by some pretty heavy hitters like Thunderbean and Classicflix and a nice collection of animators and historians that love the often over looked New York animators over the Hollywood gang. I signed up and it looks like there is still a need for help...

"Animation in the silent era launched the careers of many industry mainstays, but few became as influential, or as long-lasting, as Paul Terry. Long before he found success with the likes of Mighty Mouse and Heckle & Jeckle, Terry entered the animation business shortly after its birth in the 1910s. Working for J.R. Bray, Terry came up with his cantankerous farmer character, later rechristened Farmer Al Falfa (often known to boomers as Farmer Gray), and an endless cast of violent, funny animals."

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The thing that impressed me are the team and companies supporting this project, and distribution under ClassicFilx, for me is a big tell on the support being given to this project...I loved the later Terrytoons, so fro me this was a no brainer, being able to support this...and there's still time to be a part of it!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
They just added this stretch goal for some pretty rare shorts from the LOC. If you were on the fence about supporting this mazing project, you still can!! Some animated Charlie Chaplin shorts -
UPDATE #8

Stretch Goal #1: Bonus John Terry/Jerry Shields Cartoons!​

Thad KomorowskiCreator
October 2, 2023
At long last, the first stretch goal! Charlie Judkins is really excited about this one.
Silent film fans know that there were various attempts at animated Charlie Chaplin cartoons, but they're quite uncommon, particularly the earliest ones done in San Francisco for Movca Film Service by John Terry (Paul's brother) and Jerry Shields (a key figure on the '20 Fables cartoons).
I'm excited to announce I've secured copies of two of these: Charlie in Cuckoo Land and Charlie in Carmen. One even still has the Terry/Shields credit intact!

Attachments

• 2cfeb8073ef4a70c58226bb59591031c_original.jpg
    2cfeb8073ef4a70c58226bb59591031c_original.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 18
  • badab29fad98286a496eefd027eafdbd_original.jpg
    badab29fad98286a496eefd027eafdbd_original.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 22

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks