What's new

New Beetle owners? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Anywhere here own a new VW bug? We just bought one tonight. Actually went into the VW dealership looking for a Jetta but fell in love with the Beetle. You know, I used to make fun of these things - until I looked in & then test drove one. Took it home right then and there.
So, if there are any other owners here, tell me how yours has held up. We're going to hop in and drive over to a friend's house at 2am to go watch the meteor shower... half the fun will be getting there and back.
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Are you going to have the song "Pink Moon" playing while you drive? That would be nice. I too am going to check out the shower and so far there isn't a cloud in the sky.
------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Steve Zatkoff

Stunt Coordinator
I'm on my second VW now and I am hooked. I had a Jetta for 10 great years and now have an '01.5 Passat. They are just plain fun to drive. Welcome to the family and good luck. Be sure to check out the VW Vortex provided in the post above.

Steve

Craig Chatterton

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Ryan, did you buy the bug to replace your Fiero? Or are you still going to restore one in the future? And what's with that Delorean link on your site? Every time I see that link I drool.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Brett_H

Second Unit
Mmmmmm, VW's. My primary obsession...
First love: '88 GTI 16V. Died a slow death due to transmission failure.
Replaced by: '90 Jeta GLI 16V.
Replaced by: '00 GTI GLS 1.8T. Most fun car I've ever had.
Get the whole story here , if you like.
-Brett.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Hey Ryan, did you buy the bug to replace your Fiero? Or are you still going to restore one in the future? And what's with that Delorean link on your site? Every time I see that link I drool.
Holy cow. I leave for a few days and the forum changes into something completely new. This is going to take some getting used to!
No, didn't replace my Fiero. I'll never replace it, except with another Fiero. :) I had an '00 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Ltd that was costing me almost as much as my house payment every month. Never again will I finance that kind of money in a vehicle. Besides, we were quickly turning into the type of SUV owning family who never uses the SUV for anything but trips to the grocery store. When we first bought it we took it off road and hauled stuff, but lately, it's been wasted. So out it goes, and in comes the Bug.
This VW is a thrill to drive. :) My wife has always wanted a VW and now she has one (and the payments are only 1/3rd what the SUVs were - woohoo!)
As for the DeLorean link - the DeLorean is my second love. I've been shopping around for one for many months now, and hope to purchase one within the next couple of years. Just have to find the right car. I'm going to fill that part of my site with DeLorean info if I ever get around to it. :) Right now, though, I have too many other hobbies - I need to finish my hovercraft before I venture into something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks