What's new

New 15" Audiomobile (1 Viewer)

Chris Popovich

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone run sims on this beast yet? My impedance numbers are coming up a little weird, other than that it looks pretty amazing, with a 24mm Xmax! The price doesn't seem too bad ~$350, lets here the opinions!

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen any specs on that, Chris, got a link, or can you post what you've got?
------------------
hlfmstflg2.gif

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Rick. I checked the site, but I had assumed all the EVO woofers were "budget" models, and didn't look any further.
blush.gif

I couldn't quite get the numbers to work in Unibox, it wasn't giving me the Bl they listed.
------------------
hlfmstflg2.gif

They "cheated" and listed the BL for the coils in series. They say that their Re is for the coils in series as well, but with a listed Re of 1.5 ohms, it's obvious they screwed that up - the Re is for the parallel coils, not series.
Even so, by running the numbers myself, I only get a BL product of 21.3, assuming a 6.0 ohm Re for the series-connected coils.
Another thing to note is that I am not very convinced about their 850cm^2 Sd specification for the 15" driver.
It's interesting to note that Matt Overpeck (Audiomobile president) was the one who caused the huge "war" with Dan Wiggins about Adire over his Sd specs for the Shiva/Tempest awhile back. Note that the Tempest is rated for 779cm^2, per DUMAX.
We shall see what the data shows, however - as Audiomobile has pledged to post all their Dumax sheets - they were supposed to be there last week, after I e-mailed Matt and asked about them, but I'm still waiting.
- Rick

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I noticed that about the very low "series" Re. Maybe some handpicking of specs from between the series and parallel ratings...
850cm did seem really big for Sd.
------------------
hlfmstflg2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks