New 15" Audiomobile

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Popovich, Oct 2, 2001.

1. Chris Popovich

Chris Popovich Stunt Coordinator

Anyone run sims on this beast yet? My impedance numbers are coming up a little weird, other than that it looks pretty amazing, with a 24mm Xmax! The price doesn't seem too bad ~$350, lets here the opinions!

2. Rick Chwiendacz

3. Rick Chwiendacz

They "cheated" and listed the BL for the coils in series. They say that their Re is for the coils in series as well, but with a listed Re of 1.5 ohms, it's obvious they screwed that up - the Re is for the parallel coils, not series.
    Even so, by running the numbers myself, I only get a BL product of 21.3, assuming a 6.0 ohm Re for the series-connected coils.
    Another thing to note is that I am not very convinced about their 850cm^2 Sd specification for the 15" driver.
    It's interesting to note that Matt Overpeck (Audiomobile president) was the one who caused the huge "war" with Dan Wiggins about Adire over his Sd specs for the Shiva/Tempest awhile back. Note that the Tempest is rated for 779cm^2, per DUMAX.
    We shall see what the data shows, however - as Audiomobile has pledged to post all their Dumax sheets - they were supposed to be there last week, after I e-mailed Matt and asked about them, but I'm still waiting.
    - Rick