What's new

Network Issues (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I received a Linksys WRT54G wireless G router/hub as a Christmas gift and I have 2 wired connections and 2 wireless G connections hooked up to this and they all work just fine with it.

I also have 2 wireless B ethernet connections with one connected to my HTPC using the ethernet connection and the other connected to the ethernet connection on my ReplayTV. The wireless B connections do not connect to the router for some reason.

Any suggestions on how to get the router to recognize the wireless B connections?

Thanks,
Parker

Mark Giles

Second Unit
when u log onto you router (192.168.1.1 password: admin), in your settings there should be 3 differnt settings mixed, g only and b only. make sure it's in mixed. Try B only to see if u can pick up that one. also call linksys and see if they can help out.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mark:

Yeah, I sent an email to them but haven't heard back yet so I am waiting on them to repond and thought I would try here.

I have the router already set to mixed. I will try the B only setting and see if that works.

Thanks,
Parker

Mark Giles

Second Unit
no problem. there number is (800) 326-7114

u might be on hold for a lil while but its much faster than an e-mail.

gluck!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Well, I attempted to talk to Linksys by phone but they weren't any help.

I have gone back to my BEFW11S4 for the time being. Eventually I have get a wireless G conncetion for my HTPC and when I get an XBOX 350 I will get the wireless connection for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks