What's new

Directors Neo vs. Jedi's (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Neo was not aggressive enough in the fights. I believe that in Revolutions he truly went in expecting to beat Smith, but once he took the flying punch of doom in the sky, then got slammed into a crater, Neo's plans changed quite a bit. He tried taking Smith out in the crater, but was too weak to go on, as Smith had worn him down while barely breaking a sweat himself.

Smith won every fight he was in. In Matrix, Neo just got a lucky shot in with the train because Smith was stupid and tried being cool by killing him. In Reloaded, he made Neo run away like a scared dog. In Revolutions he just ran in and handled him. Neo got more hits in on Smith, but Smith delivered where it counted. I dont recall a shockwave ever coming from one of Neo's punches. And they are of equal power, Smith just wanted it more in my opinion.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member

Kinda forgetting the end of the Matrix aren't we? Is it my imagination or was that pieces of Smith flying towards the camera? ;)

In Revolutions the shockwaves came when both Smith and Neo threw equal punches. At least that's what it looked like.

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor

Ewwwwwww. It's not like we're talking cutesy innocent puppy love here, they went all the way.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I think Tom Jones would take them all. You are right.

And yes, Smith lost the final fight in Matrix, but I dont count that as a full on fight due to lack of buildup. More like Neo gloating and Smith off guard. But the fact that Smith came back from the defeat with the purpose of defeating Neo the second time.

And as for the shockwaves in revolutions, all of them are from both punching, except(imho)the giant sphere shockwave in the sky. Because if Neo actually punched there, wouldnt Smith appear dazed and begin to fall instead of holding his ground and flexing like the man?

But yes, Tom Jones beats all.

But what would Brain Boitano do? Im sure hed kick an ass or two.

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
Assuming the Jedi arent aloud to use the force.

"I know kung fu"

still kick some butt, just cant get more then 2ft off the ground.

Oh yea, i always figured those shockwaves and stuff werent entirely happening cause of neo and smiths power, but cause the matrix was glitching.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
The Jedis are a bunch of retards that think about it way too hard. The effortlessness attack of Neo or better yet Smith would completely dumbfound the Jedi. There is no contest.

I've got Neo Vs. Smith as draw up until the final fight.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

He did?

I don't think the shockwaves were because of glitches in the Matrix, though I'm sure their activity caused some glitches.

Neo clearly owned Smith at the end of "The Matrix". In fact, he was invinicible at the end of the film which led to a lot of back-pedaling for the sequels. A lot of philosophy to cover up the fact that Neo would never really have to fight anyone again post-Matrix. He could explode his enemies and flex walls/the Matrix's reality just by will alone. Plus, if he could recover completely from a clip of bullets point-blank it seemed clear enough his mind no longer accepted the Matrix as any kind of reality. Hence, he couldn't die from being killed in the Matrix as others could. Just like you don't die in real life when Mario falls off the screen. No amount of pummelling would hurt him (or his mind) after he'd accepted it as not being at all real. Hell, when you can see everything in code, how seriously are you going to take it? His mind became freer than others' could be. That's what made him the One. He clearly thought differently from others, even those who had been freed from the Matrix long before him.

T: No one's ever done anything like this before.
N: That's why it's going to work.

Then, the sequels went and made him hard-wired to the Source. Pff.

I thought that as The One Neo could train others to be like him (or more like him anyway) or seek out others whose minds were as capable as his. With his powers it wouldn't have been hard to convince people that the Matrix wasn't reality. He'd have been freeing minds really quickly. I guess the physical resources needed to physically extract them and feed and shelter them would have been the limiting factor. Maybe the W's realized this and had to narrow the scope to saving Zion since the ultimate goal would take a long time to realize. Still, keep freeing hackers and you'd think you could gain control of a lot of the evil machines. I guess if you can't do everything before the machines hunt you down and kill you it's all moot though. That's why Smith HAD to be the villain, just so he could be used as a bargaining chip. Kind of weak if you ask me. Good thing he came back of everyone would have been F'd. Smith must be the real Messiah. Now, presumably everyone can go about their business without those pesky machines knocking on the door....until power gets low anyway...which could be a while if they stop using all those squiddies.

I thought any fighting in the sequels involving Neo would be real-world only or against freed minds who wanted to protect the Matrix because they liked that reality. Maybe some Donald Trump-like anti-Christ figure who was rich and powerful in the Matrix and wanted to protect that reality. Can you imagine if the world's most powerful found out the world was fake? Would they want a bunch of blue collar rebels taking that world away from them leaving them to be regular Joe's? Making Neo's nemesis Smith was a mistake I thought. Should have been a human opponent. Would have made more sense with the logic we were fed in the first film. Instead, we were just told to accept it all as wrong.

Actually, wasn't there some crappy Sat. morning Japanese-produced TV show kind of like that back a few years, 10 even? Had some corporate exec who would go into a computer-generated reality and fight the kids.

As it was, in the sequels, Neo could effortlessly float weapons from walls into his hands. If so, he could do that to opponents and save a lot of effort, but I guess he chose not to. Nice of him to stick to the good side of the Force.

I never really understood Smith's motive anyway. Why (nevermind the how) he came back? He wanted free of the Matrix, not just his duty in it. He despised humans and their "reality". Why remain a part of it or go into the real world, even worse. WHY was he compelled to stay. If he was destroyed didn't that grant his wish? I guess we were supposed to appreciate the irony that he became a virus just as he classified humans. He became what he hated most.

If the W's had a grander plan than the original Matrix film (entirely probable with allt he other Matrix stuff that was out there at the time), they must have in their minds dumbed or watered-down the original film so it would have a wide appeal. Then, it was such a sucess that they had the money and freedom to make sequels for themselves to enjoy rather than the general audience of the first film. It's the Lucas Disease.

Anyway, to me Neo's pretty much the equivalent of Anakin Skywalker/Vader at his greatest. Other Jedi's are too slow on the draw. If you go Matrix 1 Neo, he's the ultimate Jedi. Sequels--Anakin/Vader. I'm just figuring it takes the same kind of mind to be a successful Jedi or to be Neo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks