What's new

International Mexican Macabre/ Horror Box Set from Indicator/Power House (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
"Adventure at the Center of the Earth" ("Aventura al centro de la tierra"), 1965, a black & white sci-fi movie from Mexico. In Spanish with English subtitles. Directed by Alfredo B. Crevenna and starring Kitty de Hoyos, Javier Solís and Columba Domínguez.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Old remastered new remastered? 2K, 4K, 6K....OCN or interpostive or what are the source elements ? They seem to be specifically non specific in thier terminology...why?
I hear you you’re skeptical on the transfers. I have had nothing but good experience with Powerhouse/Indicator releases. These films are not my cup of tea so I will pass purchasing this box set, however if I was to purchase I would wait for a few reviews.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I hear you you’re skeptical on the transfers. I have had nothing but good experience with Powerhouse/Indicator releases. These films are not my cup of tea so I will pass purchasing this box set, however if I was to purchase I would wait for a few reviews.
I've bought other Indicator releases, and have been pleased, my issues is the lack of real information on what was done to remaster these. I do want the titles, just once bitten twice shy (Imprint)!!

Larry Gelfand

Premium
Real Name
Larry Gelfand
Larry just in case you missed these VCI released these classics as well.

I didn't :D. I also picked up their Santo box set.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
Definitely interested. I'm on the fence on the VCI releases because I'm so glad to have them but in the ones I have, the new dubs are terrible and they don't offer any other soundtrack options like the original soundtrack or K. Gordon Murray dubs (which are super cheesy, but enjoyable) so seeing they're included here is fantastic.

The Braniac alone is one of the most insane films of its era that I've ever seen and the fact that it never got an original run Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode back when they were doing black and white films is actually highly surprising.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Definitely interested. I'm on the fence on the VCI releases because I'm so glad to have them but in the ones I have, the new dubs are terrible and they don't offer any other soundtrack options like the original soundtrack or K. Gordon Murray dubs (which are super cheesy, but enjoyable) so seeing they're included here is fantastic.

The Braniac alone is one of the most insane films of its era that I've ever seen and the fact that it never got an original run Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode back when they were doing black and white films is actually highly surprising.
It's on Riff Tracks 2012 on Amazon Prime

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
just got the green light for mine as well!!!
mad traffic light GIF by Karl Jahnke

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

Yeah, the Brainiac was the closer for me!! I can't wait to see this in decent shape!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks