Needs some ideas on system rack and cd/dvd rack..

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RodNoble, Jan 16, 2003.

1. RodNoble

RodNoble Agent

I have looked/searched for flexi rack, and seen a few.. but i still havent seen anything that really cathes my eyes....

I would like to see some of your setups.. I havent made up my mind on what kind of system.. im open to anything...
    what i had in mind was basicly my system on the right of my tv and my cd/dvds on the left of tv then my speaker towers on each side...
    working with a 36" TV and a center channel.

I think i want to build it, but if i see a killer one in a shop i have no problem with that either

2. RodNoble

RodNoble Agent

come on, 47 views and no one has taken a shot..

I have searched the archives and found a couple of DIY ideas.. but what i am looking for is a new idea... even a link to some companys that make some nice ones..

3. Ted Drain

Ted Drain Agent

I just posted some pics of my completed flexy with marble inserts in the shelves here:
    Flexy thread
    Here's some links to flexy's I found when researching what I wanted to build:
    http://cblake.iwebland.com/photos/
    http://my.execpc.com/~saruman/rack/nonemoreblack.html
    I think most of the flexy ideas are pretty similar. There was a thread a few days ago that talked about using extruded aluminum tubing and T bolts to make a rack like the Salamander Synergy racks.
    Salamander Synergy
    I really like the way my flexy turned out... but, if I had to build a rack today, I probably try one with these posts. You can order the posts from:
    Bosch Rexroth
    I think this design is actually easier than the flexy since you just have to cut a top, bottom, and shelves. Screw some T-bolts into the grooves and you've got a rack. The Salamander web site has tons of ideas on making the rack look nicer:
    - side panels made of wood, nylon mesh, or whatever
    - front doors
    - drawers
    - black inserts for the front and side T grooves
    The extruded aluminum posts are more expensive than threaded rod but they look a lot more professional. I also think they'd be better for holding the weight of a large TV.

4. Bill_Weinreich

Bill_Weinreich Second Unit