What's new

Needs some ideas on system rack and cd/dvd rack.. (1 Viewer)

RodNoble

Agent
I have looked/searched for flexi rack, and seen a few.. but i still havent seen anything that really cathes my eyes....

I would like to see some of your setups.. I havent made up my mind on what kind of system.. im open to anything...
what i had in mind was basicly my system on the right of my tv and my cd/dvds on the left of tv then my speaker towers on each side...
working with a 36" TV and a center channel.

I think i want to build it, but if i see a killer one in a shop i have no problem with that either

RodNoble

Agent
come on, 47 views and no one has taken a shot..

I have searched the archives and found a couple of DIY ideas.. but what i am looking for is a new idea... even a link to some companys that make some nice ones..

Ted Drain

Agent
I just posted some pics of my completed flexy with marble inserts in the shelves here:
Flexy thread
Here's some links to flexy's I found when researching what I wanted to build:
http://cblake.iwebland.com/photos/
http://my.execpc.com/~saruman/rack/nonemoreblack.html
I think most of the flexy ideas are pretty similar. There was a thread a few days ago that talked about using extruded aluminum tubing and T bolts to make a rack like the Salamander Synergy racks.
Salamander Synergy
I really like the way my flexy turned out... but, if I had to build a rack today, I probably try one with these posts. You can order the posts from:
Bosch Rexroth
I think this design is actually easier than the flexy since you just have to cut a top, bottom, and shelves. Screw some T-bolts into the grooves and you've got a rack. The Salamander web site has tons of ideas on making the rack look nicer:
- side panels made of wood, nylon mesh, or whatever
- front doors
- drawers
- black inserts for the front and side T grooves
The extruded aluminum posts are more expensive than threaded rod but they look a lot more professional. I also think they'd be better for holding the weight of a large TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks