What's new

Audio Equipment Racks - Need advice/ideas (1 Viewer)

I need an audio equipment rack/cabinet for my new HT system. I don't want to spend a lot of money (maybe $150, I am willing to consider more), and I don't really want one of those do-it-yourself partical board jobbies that aren't stable and have cardboard backs. Something fairly open, shelved vertically, with some glass would be nice.

I will have the following components:

Comcast Digital TV Decoder
HK AVR-525 Receiver
Pioneer DV-563A DVD/DVD-A/SACD Player
JVC XV-S500 DVD Player (if the DV-563A doesn't do video well)
XBox Console

I may purchasing the following components in the future:

200+ CD Changer
EQ

Thanks

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
If you have a walmart in your area they may still have some of the shelf I got. It's 4' tall w/ high gloss piano black mdf top and bottoms, round silver (2 - 3 inch diameter) metal legs in the front and a large sliver support in the back w/ holes for wire organization and 3 tempered glass shelves. It's extremely open and perfect for ventilation. It's only $80 and looks like a MUCH more expensive rack. The glass shelves hold my Pioneer Elite 43TX (around 50lb) with no signs of stress/strain or sagging. They also have a matching TX stand for up to 36" TVs. I'm very happy with mine, but I got the last one in a box at one local walmart after looking for it at 5 others. If you can find one it's a great buy. I would give you a link but it's already been taken off the walmart website. It looks ALOT like this Bush stand from Best Buy, but I like the high gloss black top/bottom of the walmart version better.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....oryId=cat03115

Hope this helps :)

$300 seems awfully expensive for that unit. In any case, thanks for the in-home shots of the unit, that's helpful. Pretty big, isn't it.

I'll take a look at the walmart superstore here, see if it grows on me enough to spent that kind of money (after spending well over my $2000 budget on HT equipment).

Thanks

Jay

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
Check the Forum's Deal Page. It just so happens that Audio Advisor has several nice racks for $150-$200 on sale this week.

Thanks for the Audio Advisor reference.

I snagged this from them for $204 (including shipping)

http ://www .audioadvisor. com/store/productdetail.asp?Variant=1&AttribNum=1&pf_id=2429&sku=SALA5BCS&selAttribute_1=Black

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks