Audio Equipment Racks - Need advice/ideas

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Jay Blanchard, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Jay Blanchard

I need an audio equipment rack/cabinet for my new HT system. I don't want to spend a lot of money (maybe $150, I am willing to consider more), and I don't really want one of those do-it-yourself partical board jobbies that aren't stable and have cardboard backs. Something fairly open, shelved vertically, with some glass would be nice.

I will have the following components:

Comcast Digital TV Decoder
    HK AVR-525 Receiver
    Pioneer DV-563A DVD/DVD-A/SACD Player
    JVC XV-S500 DVD Player (if the DV-563A doesn't do video well)
    XBox Console

I may purchasing the following components in the future:

200+ CD Changer
    EQ

Thanks

2. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

If you have a walmart in your area they may still have some of the shelf I got. It's 4' tall w/ high gloss piano black mdf top and bottoms, round silver (2 - 3 inch diameter) metal legs in the front and a large sliver support in the back w/ holes for wire organization and 3 tempered glass shelves. It's extremely open and perfect for ventilation. It's only $80 and looks like a MUCH more expensive rack. The glass shelves hold my Pioneer Elite 43TX (around 50lb) with no signs of stress/strain or sagging. They also have a matching TX stand for up to 36" TVs. I'm very happy with mine, but I got the last one in a box at one local walmart after looking for it at 5 others. If you can find one it's a great buy. I would give you a link but it's already been taken off the walmart website. It looks ALOT like this Bush stand from Best Buy, but I like the high gloss black top/bottom of the walmart version better.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....oryId=cat03115

Hope this helps [​IMG]

3. Shaown

Shaown Agent

4. Jay Blanchard

$300 seems awfully expensive for that unit. In any case, thanks for the in-home shots of the unit, that's helpful. Pretty big, isn't it.

I'll take a look at the walmart superstore here, see if it grows on me enough to spent that kind of money (after spending well over my $2000 budget on HT equipment).

Thanks

Jay

5. Brian Fitterman

Brian Fitterman Stunt Coordinator

6. Mathew Shelby

Mathew Shelby Second Unit

Check the Forum's Deal Page. It just so happens that Audio Advisor has several nice racks for $150-$200 on sale this week.

7. Jay Blanchard

Thanks for the Audio Advisor reference.

I snagged this from them for $204 (including shipping)

http ://www .audioadvisor. com/store/productdetail.asp?Variant=1&AttribNum=1&pf_id=2429&sku=SALA5BCS&selAttribute_1=Black