What's new

need your opinion to help me: CD player selection (1 Viewer)

Zack_b

Grip
hello all,

i am going to purchase my first multi CD player as the DVD player is waaaaay to slow at reading cds. i am leaning towards the sony 50+1 model (?) CX53? or maybe the onkyo 5 disc. i want to stay under $250 and would like to stay under $200 if possible. and must have at least a 5 disc and read them at least at a moderate speed. any other suggestions besides the ones above? comments on these? and also off topic, is monster video 2 or 3 component pretty good? this is for non HDTV but will probably use it when i upgrade. is there much difference between the 2? thanks for all the help.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Zack_b

Grip
after shopping around, i have decided for sure against the sony, but wanted to see someones opinion about a few models. i would post this in hardware but didnt see anything really for cd players....anyways, what about the HK FL8380, the dennon DCM370 or the onkyo DX-C380? anyone own these? do you like them? thanks very much guys...

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I've never heard of a "fast" CD mega changer. If you're concerned about read speed for CDs maybe a more simple changer may be in order. ? Not sure.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i've got an older onkyo 6 disc chager: model dx-c340.

it's reasonably fast for a 6-disc...or else i just don't know any better. i'd say it takes about 10 seconds to end the first disc, rotate the platter and start the new disc.

i don't think any changer...especially those mega-changers are fast at all. i'd be worried about a changer that changed too quickly...that sounds like a recipe for mechanical failure.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I have a cheap JVC 5 disk changer that seems faster than 10 seconds. But, it makes a lot of noise when changing disks (clunk! Kerchunk!) and doesn't have the change on the fly option (add remove CDs while playing another).

just 2 things you might want to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks