need your opinion to help me: CD player selection

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Zack_b, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Zack_b

Zack_b Extra

hello all,

i am going to purchase my first multi CD player as the DVD player is waaaaay to slow at reading cds. i am leaning towards the sony 50+1 model (?) CX53? or maybe the onkyo 5 disc. i want to stay under $250 and would like to stay under $200 if possible. and must have at least a 5 disc and read them at least at a moderate speed. any other suggestions besides the ones above? comments on these? and also off topic, is monster video 2 or 3 component pretty good? this is for non HDTV but will probably use it when i upgrade. is there much difference between the 2? thanks for all the help.

2. Zack_b

Zack_b Extra

after shopping around, i have decided for sure against the sony, but wanted to see someones opinion about a few models. i would post this in hardware but didnt see anything really for cd players....anyways, what about the HK FL8380, the dennon DCM370 or the onkyo DX-C380? anyone own these? do you like them? thanks very much guys...

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I've never heard of a "fast" CD mega changer. If you're concerned about read speed for CDs maybe a more simple changer may be in order. ? Not sure.

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i've got an older onkyo 6 disc chager: model dx-c340.

it's reasonably fast for a 6-disc...or else i just don't know any better. i'd say it takes about 10 seconds to end the first disc, rotate the platter and start the new disc.

i don't think any changer...especially those mega-changers are fast at all. i'd be worried about a changer that changed too quickly...that sounds like a recipe for mechanical failure.

5. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I have a cheap JVC 5 disk changer that seems faster than 10 seconds. But, it makes a lot of noise when changing disks (clunk! Kerchunk!) and doesn't have the change on the fly option (add remove CDs while playing another).

just 2 things you might want to consider.