What's new

Need two Home theater systems. Info. please. (1 Viewer)

Amit Patel

Agent
It’s been long time and I am kind of out of touch with the new technology or products. I use to have Sony home theater system at my old house. We moved and I game my system to the new owner of the house.

My new house will be ready in about 6 months. Now I am in the market for Home theater system again. I need two home theater systems one in the family room (more likely plasma) and one in the basement where I am planning to have front projector. It’s a large basement and can handle any screen size for front projector.

My budget for both systems would be in the range of $7000 may be 500+(-).

I need good projector, receiver, speakers (6.1) and display device (screen for basement and 55” plasma TV.

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks

John S

Senior HTF Member
I think i would go LCD RP instead of plasma, at that size HD Plasma would eat up way to much budget. Maybe go look at the new Sonly and Panasonic HD LCD RP's and see what you think. They aren't flat but they are pretty thin still.
You may be able to get into a 50" HD Plasma for not much more than $3000 though.

On the FP, look at the Pansonic 700, seems a good bargain these days.

On the surround, in the living room, look at the Onkyo 770 system.

In the Theater, look at the Denon 3805 cost level offerings, Velodyne DR5000 sub, and some speakers you like that will fit in with the budget.

You do understand, you can divide up your available budget a million ways. This would just be my opinion if confronted with the same situation or asked for help by somebody.

Amit Patel

Agent
Thanks for your opinion; I am waiting few more suggestion that will help me make a sound decision. I am also looking for components also (receivers, speakers, DVD player etc.). More suggestions? Please.

Thanks,

Gurudristi

Auditioning
Plasma in the smaller room, FP for the hometheatre....ideal.
Look at Phillip/LG plasma...50in. excellent colours/contrast/blacks... excellent life..understand that its around 65,000hrs.
You can also look at Yamaha RXV 2500 or RXV 1500 Reciever Amp, Jamo/JBL 6.1 speakers set and a Pioneer DVD player with progressive scan.
I have just bought an XGA LG projector and looking at various screens for a good FP system for the other room and would keep an eye on th advise given on your thread.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
For your plasma, take a look at the Panasonic TH-50PHD7UY. It can be bought for around $4k. This is the one that I'm planning on buying for my new house.

Amit Patel

Agent
Thanks for your update folks, I am still looking more suggestions as I have another 6 months.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks